Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

HAPPY NEW MOON on Monday!

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR -- The Year of the Monkey -- on Monday!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a great week!

• Heather, Congratulations to Callum. I am sure he will be a safe driver. It is usually some other goons on the road, who cause the problems. Something we all have to be aware of.

• BRENDA   peel me a grape!!!!, so glad Penny doesn't find the heat too much to bear. I found it very tiring though as I was only there for a short time I didn't have time to acclimatise.

• Dibnlib, LOL, very apt.  Son takes Penny to the beach, very early/ late most days, where there is an allotted place for dogs to be allowed off the lead. Otherwise she stays indoors. She does not like the air conditioning though, so prefers to stay on her bed, on the veranda.  He does take her to the botanical gardens, or similar places, but she is not allowed off the lead there. We have sent some luminous balls for her to chase in the dark, or probably so that son / wife can see where they have thrown the ball. We have been surprised how well she has settled.  

• AP not needed here as we can all read propaganda and make our own decisions..

• Oh it seems AP has gone :-)

• Yes, WENDY and very quickly for whatever reason....

• Owner of the woods and leaning tree, very kindly called round today, after OH had sent her an e-mail. She is having the tree removed and having all the trees checked. She is lovely and is worried if the builder damages any of the tree roots, which border the building site, but are actually in her wood. If I told you her surname you would all recognise it. We have promised to notify her if we see the builders in the wood and if we see any damage to her trees. The actual builder does not have a good reputation, although the site manager has been extremely polite. We will see how things progress.

• Unknown said:

Fascinating encounter between a Raven and a Snowy Owl. If you watch it, be sure to read the commentary below the video by naturalist Bernd Heinrich, the author of The Mind of the Raven. He said the Raven was just curious and "having fun" and the Owl "was not scared in the least". LOL

Absolutely fantastic!  I loved the sheer unflappability of the owl and the raven was so funny, trying to get a reaction from it.  What a great video.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• By the way a pair of our local birds are gearing up for Valentine's day:

Click on them to see more!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Evening all:

Brenda: It's apparently a dog's life in Singapore. What a hoot.  Oh, now I want to know who owns the leaning tree!

Heather: Congrats to Callum and yes, one more thing to worry about (it doesn't end, does it?)

Clare: Good to see you; hope you and Limpy are enjoying Minsmere.

Have a good Friday everyone.