RUTLAND OSPREY PROJECT 2016

This is a continuation from Rutland Osprey Project 2015

• Unknown said:

We could really do with a family tree!   Has one ever been drawn up?

I've tried & even put it into a Geneology database but it looks a complete mess when you print it out due to the relationships between related Ospreys!! I know one was drawn up by a member of the forum & sent for checking by Rutland, but not sure it ever got anywhere.

[/quote]
    Thanks VC - come to think of it, I can imagine it all being quite a mangle with so much interbreeding.  
  • LATEST NEWS FROM River Gwash - Looks like 5N's mate is back O1(09), more fabulous photos.

• Sorry, duplicate

Kind regards, Ann

• Good news about 01(09) and 5N--more cousins/sibligs for Glesni to come!

Kind regards, Ann

• I've just got home from rutland. They have 18 ospreys back including the 7 pairs which raised chucks last year. Only two haven't returned so far - 03 (97) and his mate. They had hoped she would return and pair up with one of the 4 single males.

• Thanks Sandra, good to know, I did wonder about the Site B female pairing up with one of the single males.

• Hoped for better news about 03(97) and his mate.

But let's be positive and pray for a good strong easterly wind to blow a couple of those single males in the direction of Wales.

• Thanks Sandra, we know 51(11) is there, I guess the others will be 30(10), 1J(13) & 4K(13) who were there last year. I don't think 3J(13) got further than Cambridge last year & 1K(13) was spotted in Belgium

• I believe 30(10) is hanging around site B a lot.  

I think we need a strong westerly to blow those troublesome girls back from Wales!