RUTLAND OSPREY PROJECT 2016

This is a continuation from Rutland Osprey Project 2015

• Thanks Tiger.  Have just re-read "The Story of Maya" and see this was back in 2010, the year 32(05) suspiciously disappeared!   With the amount of returnees, I would have thought the nest would have been used since.   Interesting.

• Hazel b said:

Does anyone know if the nest at Lagoon 4 is used and if so, are their ID's known?    

Not since the demise of 32 (05) when he paired up with the bird we now know as Maya. but it was too late in the season to breed. 

[/quote]28(10) appeared to set up territory there in the summer of 2013 (he was there each time I visited that year) before taking over the established nest at Manton Bay on his return in 2014.

• Thanks VC.  So it could be that the nest has been unoccupied the last two years?    I don't think Blue 28(10) returned to Lagoon 4 as I'm sure I read somewhere that Blue 28(10) paired up and raised chicks at one of the other sites last season (please correct me if I am wrong).

It will be interesting now to see who, if any, take up residence this season.  

• Springwatch are going to be working along side Rutland following 30(05)'s northward migration.  

• That is good news Karen on Springwatch.  May she have a safe journey home

• Karen W said:

Thanks VC.  So it could be that the nest has been unoccupied the last two years?    I don't think Blue 28(10) returned to Lagoon 4 as I'm sure I read somewhere that Blue 28(10) paired up and raised chicks at one of the other sites last season (please correct me if I am wrong).

It will be interesting now to see who, if any, take up residence this season.  

Yes, 2F(12) at an unnamed site (his Sister!!)

• Cameras back up an running. No occupants.

• Karen thanks for the link ! Shes making very good progress and already over the Atlas Mountains! I hope the rest of her journey goes well and she remains safe. She doesnt hang about does she :)

• She seems keen to get back to her nest!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/