WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Lynette: Here's the url for the Trump petition: petition.parliament.uk/.../114003.  It's at 499,790!! Unbelievable!!  :-))   I'm more or less back into my normal gym routine too.

Flooding in the UK is awful. Hope OG arrived home safely.  They've had horrible flooding in the Pacific Northwest too.... Sprinkles of rain this afternoon here which had people beaming and smiling at each other when I was doing errands. 

Tree trimmed and mess all gone!

Have a good Friday everyone.

• Hi, all.

I saw R.T. Hawk's pale mate high in a tree along the creek yesterday. I didn't know she was up there until she shrieked at me three times -- not in an alarmed way. That was the first time that she's ever vocalized in my presence. She was pretty far away from me, but she listened while I spoke to her. She didn't fly off until I headed down the lane to the mailbox.

Busy here. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow or Saturday on the new thread.

Take care, all.

• Petition to ban Trump from UK now stands at 500,711 - remarkable considering it only started on Tuesday afternoon.

• Good Morning.  Dry here for a change!

Good that you got your trees trimmed and rubbish removed, Annette. When you first posted "The tree trimmers have arrived" I had a vision of an army of elves, coming to put up Christmas decorations in your garden!  LOL!  I guess I'm too much in Christmas mode now!! :-)  Hope little Peanut is doing OK now, with your ministrations.

Thank you for your update on dear Margo, Brenda.  Thinking of you, Margo.

Brenda -there has been quite a lot in the press lately about dangers of tumble driers: apparently some have combusted even when not in use!  The worst culprits are Indesit.  Some folks are taking them out of the house because of incidents.  Ours is in the garage, and we bought it 2nd hand - I never leave it working when out of the house.  So sorry to hear about your nephew and their dreadful experience.

• Nice to hear from you, George. A bit frightening, seeing blood when you cough, but the explanation is not serious, thank goodness.

Lynette - nice to hear from you, too.

Dibnlib -  I fell about, over that joke over Trumps hair!!!!!!

Back later with description of our outing last night - not had my breakfast yet!

• Good Morning Everyone.

Annette, Good to hear that everything is cleared and that your garden is back in order. I do hope Peanut is recovering. I was also pleased to read that you are now an expert at giving Lightning the insulin injection. Well done.

Lynette, You sound a very busy person lately. Good to see you have caught up on the news.

Dibnlib, I did laugh at your 'Trumps' picture.

OG, I was happy to see that you managed the trip to Carlisle and all was well.

Thinking of you Margo. X

• LINDY  like you we never leave t/d or w/m on unless we are in. I learned my lesson years ago. The w/m was a built in and had been left by previous owners so we didn't know how old it was. One day having wrapped OHs Christmas gifts I went upstairs to hide them. I was only a few mins but came down to find a very smokey kitchen. Everything swithed off and new machine bought. Quite frightening, but it could have been so much worse.

Cold here and sky darkening but it was a lovely morning.

• Near thing, Dibnlib.  You never know!

Rosy -  Meant to say before, how lovely to see those swans landing. They're so stately and grand, no wonder they're a 'royal' bird.

Diane - Love your RT Hawk stories :-)

Sun has been shining here and we have been busy once more. Went to the P.Office with parcels, and cards containing family photos. Bought some Christmas goodies on the way home.  Have begun to receive more cards, including some with chatty letters in them. Mine are mostly hastily scribbled notes!

• We enjoyed ourselves last night.  This was a dinner party for the Seniors, a group at the golf club who are all over 65.   Some of them we know, others my OH says he never sees as they play golf on different days of the week.

The clubhouse was cheerfully decorated, and we all had drinks before they asked us to be seated.  On our table was a lovely pinecone centrepiece, set on a mirror and surrounded by little tealights which looked very pretty but which I thought was a fire hazard!  This proved to be a good guess, as later on in the evening we smelt burning, and someone had set light to their cracker debris....... We pulled our crackers, and wore the gold crowns in them until we got headaches!

Our turkey dinner was very good, except for the bullet like sprouts:  they must have decided not to have mushy sprouts and erred on the side of undercooking.  Then the pudding:  my OH was disappointed to see that his Christmas pud was only about two spoonfuls, surrounded by a very small moat of custard.  Whereas when my cheesecake arrived, it looked more appetising.  It was lemon, with blueberries scattered on top.  He was quite jealous, LOL!

Then we had a silly half hour when we all sang "12 Days of Christmas"  Each table was allotted a line from the song.  It started with the first table singing "A Partridge in a Pear Tree", then we all followed. When it was our turn, we had to stand up quickly and sing "Ten Lords a Leaping!" accompanied by actions.  Of course, it was easier for some of the others to act out their parts, but we just waved our arms about!! At least we were near the end of the song, so only had to jump up from the table a few times!!

There was a Disco, but the man running it seemed to think that we would all enjoy Tamla Motown records.....  after about four tunes, it got rather repetitive.  And no Christmas songs !  Bah!

• Beginning to wonder if I shall ever catch up on here - out again this evening - this time a social in Eastriggs!  Diary looks a bit quieter for next week!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!