WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• HEATHER  so sorry to hear about Sheana. I know she has taken up a lot of your time, but you are obviously fond of her.

ANNETTE  Do hope Peanut recovers, what a little character, you have kept us entertained with stories of his exploits.

OG  glad you got your appt today and hope you got to the hosp without too much trouble.

friend dropped by today bringing some extremely yummy mince pies. She is off to the USA next week and will be away till the end of Jan.

• Morning all: Tree trimmers do not have their shredder today, so tree limbs, etc. are piled in the gutters with orange cones around until the shredder arrives later this afternoon (or maybe first thing in the a.m.). Hope it's today.

Heather: Sounds like your OH is well passed the "it's not me, you're just mumbling" stage. Sometimes I think I need an automatic instant replay function so I wouldn't have to actually repeat everything twice!!!

Alan: I'm waiting for that petition to get to half a million - surely there must be that many horrified people in the UK eager to sign on.

Lindybird: That's a great shot; no wonder they're not happy with all that snow outside. Hope the dinner is fun.

Have just finished reading On the Move by Oliver Sacks and about to dive into The Shepherd's Life: Modern Dispatches from an Ancient Landscape by UK farmer James Rebanks.  

• LINDY  So sorry to hear that Bonnie is causing you so much trouble. We have a very highly thought of dog psycologist in the area and I know he has worked wonders with a couple of troublesome dogs. Your vet may be able to give you advice on this. Of course he doesn't come cheap but it could be worth it.  Whatever route you go down I hope you have success....and soon.             We were lucky with Benson who hadn't even been house trained when we got him from the breeder at 7 months old.  I could foresee problems but we have had none. I do think Spaniels are among the most hyper dogs.

On a lighter note, Wasn't "Masterchef" last night absolutely brilliant. We were so pleased that the 5 all got  through to the next round

• LINDY  This should make you smile. Posted by a friend on "facebook"

• All well today - journey was bearable - despite traffic chaos with two main roads into Carlisle both impassable.  Will be at home tomorrow!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• dibnlib: That's hysterical!  I've saved the image and will forward to absolutely everyone!  :-)))

• Here is an extract from an e-mail I received from Margo. She went to the hospital for her chemo this afternoon.

"They did a blood test and requested an urgent result . Cancer clinic have just rung me to say HB has gone down to 70. Transfusion arranged for Monday at 12.00. Feeling rather worried as you can guess. I had a suspicion that it had dropped as I feel very tired today. Blood pressure has been a bit of a problem as well. It has been rather low at times because I have had a problem drinking this week. Intake better today and BP has gone up. I have to speak to my Dr next week about tablets for BP and water retention, just to check that there is not a conflict with the chemo. " ...............

• Alan: That eagle gets my vote!  All laughs at Donald Trump's expense much appreciated.

Brenda: Thanks for the e-mail from Margo. Fingers crossed they can resolve the BP issue - wonder if that would affect the blood test.

Tree people have arrived with the shredder - but nothing as yet to put the shreddings in!

• Annette - thanks for the flag up re Margo - so pleased to hear that she managed a special dinner out and is feeling a little better. Brenda - just seen your post with Margo's extract.

OG - just looked back on page 5 to see that appointment came through quickly and now see that you made it. Do hope all goes well for you.

It is indeed sad to hear the horrendous weather conditions up in Cumbria and especially Glenridding.   Communities seem to be coming together though - re news coverage - and hopefully all will be found temporary accommodation until they can get back into their own homes.

Do hope that Donald Trump is given his marching orders - where do I sign?

Went to the gym today so back in the familiar routine.  Finished off my Christmas shopping online yesterday. All done now so just waiting for deliveries.