Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 November 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is HERE.

I had several white-tailed deer in my backyard yesterday at dusk, including a large buck. They were so beautiful.

All summer, I admonished one particular Red-Bellied Woodpecker for attempting to drum on the trim around my kitchen window. Now, every time I go outdoors, the little fella chatters at me loudly. He even jumped up and down on the branch yesterday to make his point. LOL! I don't know whether he's telling me off or trying to convince me to let him eat the delicious larvae I denied him. LOL

Everyone have a great week!

• Rosy - Expect you're busy now getting ready to depart, but I hope you have a wonderful time with the family.

Brenda - Thanks for news of Margo. She must be fed up with the disruption in both kinds of communication.

OG - Good that it was completed without too much fuss - and you're pleased with the new radiators. You must be so happy that no further surgery is required, and that it will all be dealt with at Carlisle now. I'm so pleased for you.

• Excellent news, OG. I do hope the Carlisle appointment goes through without any problems.

Pleased to see that your plumber was accommodating about the toilets. Sounds like a company to always use.

• So, so happy for your good news, OG!!! Wonderful!

• Heather - No worries!  I expect it happens often!

Diane - Sorry you're still suffering. [BIG Hugs].

Hope everyone in UK is alright tonight in the high winds.  The area where our caravan is, seems to be in the path of it, but I console myself that she is parked in a hollow, out of the wind, and is chained down to the ground!  All our outside furniture is put away for the winter, there.

• Great news,OG!!

Just up in our room, after a nice meal and chat afterwards with a German Swiss couple. Or should it be Swiss German?

Goodnight, all.

• Unknown said:
    Sorry for the short post. I'm still fighting with this virus. :-(

We really hope you kick it soon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG - so glad that you had good news from the nurse and will now be able to continue the rest of your treatment in Carlisle.

Heather - You sound as though you are having an enjoyable holiday in Madeira even without Marmite! It is a place I would very much like to visit as I believe the flowers and gardens there are beautiful.

Diane - Do hope that you will be feeling back to normal soon, love the sound of your white tailed deer and lively woodpecker.

Annette - Glad you are home safely now and that you had a good time with your friends.

Rosy - Have a good trip to the US.

Lindybird  - Loved all the pictures of Cardiff, a place I have never been to.

Busy day today, had my annual check up at the Doctor's Surgery this morning for Blood Pressure and Asthma, all well thank goodness.  Then went shopping in Beauly and booked an appointment with my Optician and then back to Dingwall for some more shopping and to make a Dentist appointment.  I managed to buy several things that I had been needing for some time.  Feeling tired now so off to bed,  Good night all

• Evening all:

OG: What a great phone call from the doc's office; good luck with the Carlisle transfer.  When will the bathroom be finished?

Rosy: Hope I didn't miss you. What did I miss most at first? My friends.  I arrived in December, having taking off from Heathrow with snow along the runway and landed under blue skies with endless sunshine....  How long will you be gone?

Diane: Take care of yourself.

Heather: Hope you can survive without Marmite.

Brenda: Thanks for the news from Margo. How completely frustrating about their landline!

Lindybird: Great photos!  Last year I read a lot about Scott and other Antarctic/Arctic explorers. Tha sculpture captures the ocean/ice so well.

Spent the day doing laundry, cleaning up the garden then cleaning out Peanut's cage, sorting out the hummingbird feeders. Tomorrow it's grocery shopping and ironing!  

Take care all.

• Good Morning, All. We had a wet and windy night but it's calmed down now. I'm drinking my tea in bed and out of the bedroom window I can see the sky brightening, streaked very prettily with pink and gold across the clouds.

Rita - sounds as if you had quite a busy, health orientated day yesterday, no wonder you were tired afterward.

• Tea in bed?  Sheer luxury.........enjoy!

It promises to be a lovely day here so we're off to Rainham Marshes for a change.  Fingers crossed that the peregrine or raven (or both!) appear for us!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.