WEEKLY CHAT, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1 2015

Hallo all:

• Hope that RITA and her family have a lovely birthday meal this weekend -

Also thinking about MARGO as she gets her transfusion -

BRENDA  Will be over the moon enjoying seeing her son and DiL as I type.

Hope that LINDY and Malta are getting along OK!

I am looking forward to my Official Birthday Celebration tomorrow, Like the Queen, I am getting two birthdays LOL

• Heather: One can never have too many birthday celebrations (just not too many actual birthdays).  Yes, my thoughts too are with Margo.

Wendby: Well, as my doctors says "If you think it works, it works."

Where's dibnlib gone?  

Daughter is heading to Arizona tomorrow and will spend tonight here with dog. I suspect she'll be leaving pretty early, so I'll be up doing eggs and sausages for the road...

• Hello All -  Busy day today, went to the Hairdresser first thing, then I went to pick my eldest son up at Inverness Airport, his flight was an hour late,  but there was plenty of things to look at to fill up the waiting time.    Then we had a very nice lunch in Beauly, a bit of shopping and then home to a lot of chatting and catching up with news!    I am on my own now while son goes back to Inverness to collect my daughter from the train and then my other son from Inverness Airport, hope the plane is on time.   Then we will all be together again!   It will feel a bit strange without the rest of the family, almost like going back in time!   But we will be talking to them all on Skype and FaceTime over the weekend so I am looking forward to that!   Bye for now  -

• Heather -  Have a lovely Official Birthday Celebration tomorrow, I shall think of you while I am enjoying my Birthday Dinner tomorrow, (my birthday is actually on Sunday).

• ANNETTE- Also missing DIBNLIB....

Please come here and cook sausages. I'll pass on the eggs :-)

• Happy Birthday celebrations to Rita and Heather, Official and unofficial.

Returned from our cruise on Wednesday, and have caught up things on here.

The fog had cleared when we got back, but we had been affected in France, when we had to move on to our next destination earlier, because of expected fog.

Annette, there was a little singing and dancing going on as we passed under the bridge at Avignon. I had forgotten the words.

The Pope's Palace was huge. About the size of four football stadiums (stadia?)

There wasn't much left, apart from the walls though,as it had been used as a barracks for some time since. Using the Great Hall as a foundry didn't help much.

The Pope moved from Rome to Avignon in 1309 until 1377.  It's a long story, but apparently after a lot of strife between the King of France and the previous Pope,

a French Pope was elected who declined to move to Rome. (anyone's eyes glazing over yet?)

I don't know how to do photo's yet, but hope to get some tuition when I visit the son in a couple of weeks.

• Rosy: that was an interesting period (well, all history is interesting). My OH is a major history buff and could probably talk for hours on that topic.

Heather: Not enough sausages - I've been hoarding these for a few weeks.

• Hello all

Well, ANNETTE, I've just been out to the garage freezer to get sausages for the Elgin family's breakfast, tomorrow. Sooo  very very unhealthy, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sausages, Stornoway black pudding and grilled tomatoes :-)) It is a treat that they don't have except when they are here. My OH just sticks to his usual cereal with fresh strawberries and I usually pick up a sausage and eat it on the go.

So what with that and the curry tonight and roast lamb tomorrow, we are on a fat fest ,methinks. Never mind, back to normal on Monday. I'd better try on some of my holiday clothes...

ROSY - Re the Avignon bridge song, when I was at primary school in the fifties we had BBC school radio. Two programmes, Rhythm and Melody and Singing Together. We got a booklet to accompany the songs and the noise in the classroom must have been pretty awful. I can only recall the chorus!

• Good afternoon all just got back on as internet has been down for 48 hours and I have just got it back. I phoned to ask what the problem was and asked if I would be compensated and the nice lady said she would credit my account with something so it pays to ask.

Good to see that you are back home OG and I am sure that EE will always ask you about cooking as you are the real cook in your house.

Rita thank you for the information about the cacti ad I will convey the information to my SiLs sister as I take them shopping every Tuesday.

I got a letter from the consultant yesterday but the appointment isn't till the end of January so the results must have been favourable.

I hope that everything goes well for Margo tomorrow and that everyone else keeps well.

george g

• Nice to see you, George! I agree, there doesn't seem to be any hurry about your appointment and that is usually a good sign.

If I know anything, OG will have made food in advance and put it in the freezer. But you never know--

My son in law has been doing the housework since he is home and daughter is still hobbling on crutches. This morning, for the first time ever in her young life, Isla called out from her bedroom that there were no clean socks in her drawer. My daughter said it was hilarious to hear the shock in her voice. I think my youngest daughter is a junior OG. Very organised. She takes after her father's family, not mine.  The knives on her magnetic rack are arranged in size order and everything in her kitchen cupboards is in height order. And tins are not upside down, as they sometimes are in my food cupboards ;-))