Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• WENDY - the surgeon seemed to have done his homework and read all my notes really thoroughly - knew as much about me as I did!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG that is encouraging...

How far from you to radiotherapy unit..

I did 6 weeks of 5 day weeks.

Drove myself every day a 100 plus mile round trip.

After 3 weeks a nurse asked me if I was I getting my entitlements. My reply dont qualify as didn't claim benefits. It seemed I did as it was continuous treatment. It was quite a lot of petrol miles. Also as I would have had to pay car park every day they gave me a badge for disability parking. I did mention that this staff this should be made public and I was consulted when new bumph being written.

• Just come on here & caught up with all the news:  that sounds good, OG:   you will be in good hands, I'm sure. Just a pain about the radiotherapy, as Heather said.  Wonder how many days in succession they will want you for, it might be worth staying over for some of it to save on travel.

Read everyone's news but cannot do replies to each, as busy packing & cleaning - keep being interrupted by phone calls but nice ones as my sons are keeping in touch.  Its little Matthew's birthday celebrations before we go away so I have his presents wrapped & ready. Tomasz is settling well into school, and keeps falling asleep at the table when he gets home!

• I am so proud of my youngest..

Off to do her 6th night shift on the trot..

Found a dog hit by a car..

Took it to vet and all well..

She is late..

And her car needs a valet..

You have to be proud of your children..

• WENDY - have been told there will be assistance to get me there.  About 75 miles each way, I think - and I don't drive.  Should be entitled to have my carer with me too.  One of the things still to be detailed.

• must finish last bits of packing!

• OG, Thank you for letting us know.  You must be shattered, both physically and mentally. I did wonder if you would have to go to Edinburgh for five days a week for your treatment after the op. Anyhow, we will speak. Look after yourself and I hope you have an easy journey tomorrow. Love from my OH and myself. XXX

• Take care OG

I was offered accommodation for 4 nights. Declined as treatment was so short.

OH was away on business one day so drove to Chanonary in the wind and the Dolphins put an amazing display.

• Unknown said:

WENDY - the surgeon seemed to have done his homework and read all my notes really thoroughly - knew as much about me as I did!

That's really good to know.  Our fingers are crossed for you - it sounds like you're in good hands!

When I was quite early in my pregnancy with Helen a nurse came up to me in the hospital and told be she needed to take a sample of my blood.  On asking why she eventually told me that she needed to know my blood group - not only did I know my blood group but (pricelessly) she already had the information in the file in her hand!  I'm pleased there are some medical staff out there who take the time to read about their patients.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG very tiring and stressful day for you. Sending love and soupport your way

Margo x