Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Thanks Clare and everyone.  Appt at lunchtime - will have to have small snack before and another after to keep OH happy!  J returned before the worst of the rain last night - it was very wet and windy later. Seems okay this morning, but haven't been outside yet.  Porridge ready!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning, and I'll add my thoughts to everyone else's for OG today - hope you come out of the clinic feeling positive.

Wet here, too - first time for a long time we have woken to rain on the window!  We've had grey skies but not the rain that others have had.  I'm off to the hairdresser to get my locks cut again, and will bore her with some of my wedding pics as after all, she did do my hair especially for it!   ;-)

Nice to hear from Lynette, but sorry that your OH has taken a tumble - hope he recovers soon.  Just going back now, to study your colourful pics!

• ps.  Was tickled to hear on our News, that today is the date (21/10/2015)  that was mentioned in the 2nd Back to the Future film....... it must have seemed a long way in the future at the time!!

• Enjoyed that, Diane!   What fun it all was, in the films.

Now, what I need is an automatic arm which comes out of the car to hold everything when I juggle with the shopping and the umbrella at the same time......

Feel better now I've had a haircut and have run a couple of errands.   Whilst I've been out, my OH has fixed up a new lamp in our bedroom where we have had one for years, and when it went wrong we really missed it, lighting up a dark corner.  Unfortunately, in order to plug in the new lamp, he had to dig around under some cupboards and unearthed a whole lot of old shoes of mine.....  must sort through them and throw some out.  As I've not worn any of them for some time, maybe I don't need any of them!  Also found some photo frames I had squirreled away and which will come in useful now that I have so many new family pics to put up.

• RITA   We see a few red squirrels in the woods where we walk Benson, just 100 mtres from the house. We once had one in our garden, and like you we were over the moon.

LINDY   popped into Lakeland today looking for a spiralizer. They had 4 different models. One was a "good grips at £15 and a second was a make I hadn't heard of, starts with a letter S, also the £15 mark. The other 2 had a turn handle and were twice the price. which is the one you like please?

While we are talking shopping, OH wanted to try on a pair of boots an Rogersons. while he was trying on I browsed and splashed out on a pair myself. I have a real shoe fettish!!!! and have far more than I need.

• lovely afternoon so we will walk to the library with Benson. We usually do it on the way to or from town, but the roadworks are a bit of a nightmare at the moment and taking a turn off to the library makes them doubly so. Should be finished in a fortnight we hope.

Swam yesterday afternoon and so avoided the "turtle tots" classes, but it was much busier than I expected.

• Love that, dibnlib!!

The spiralizer is an "Oxo"  "Good Grips" and does cost 15 pounds.   There are no moving parts, you do the work yourself!   but it does work. I'm happy with it.  Used it today to put a quick swirl of courgette onto the top of my cheese & tomato sandwich before I put the lid on. Havn't tried it yet as a spaghetti substitute which is claimed, but may use it to add some veg to a stir fry.

ps:  A woman can never have too many shoes & boots - unless her name is Imelda Marcos!

• Dibnlib-I did not know that there was a 'Lakeland' in Inverness, how long has it been open?   I had not been in shopping for months before my knee op. In July as it was so painful walking so I seem to have missed it.  Now that I am getting stronger at walking I must get into Inverness soon and have a visit to Lakeland!