Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Clare- My condolences also to you all!

• Hello All-   what a day it has been for the Dentist! I do hope that all those involved are feeling more settled by this evening, especially Dibnlib, you do seem to be going through a bad time.  I am going to make an appointment tomorrow as I know that I have a filling which needs repairing.  I have been going to a newish practice in Dingwall and never see the same Dentist twice, most unsettling, they do not seem to stay long.    I think that they come fresh out of Dental Training and just move on after about a year but I might be wrong about that.

It has been a damp, dull day here today, such a change from all the lovely sun that we have had along with quite severe frosts!     When I drew back the curtains today I was thrilled to see a red squirrel on the lawn,  I first saw him two days ago, on the peanut feeder in the front garden, then he gambolled about on the grass before disappearing over the road. I was so surprised  as I have never seen one before in my garden, I did not think we had any in this particular area.

I am also a fan of Lakeland products , I always visit the original one in Windermere when I am down with my daughter, and we soon gather up  plenty of things in our baskets.  It works out quite expensive as I usually treat my daughter!

I also enjoy making soup and freezing it, I made chicken stock yesterday and will make chicken noodle soup tomorrow, just a simple one with lots of leeks, parsley and white wine with Parmesan on top.

Brenda- Hope you had a pleasant time with your brother and his wife this afternoon.

OG -  My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Everyone , have a pleasant evening, am off to have something to eat now.

• Rita:  How exciting to see a Red Squirrel, and on your own lawn, too!  You'll have to keep a camera handy in case he appears again.

It must be unsettling to see a different dentist every time you go - maybe you're right and they keep moving on.  I've been seeing mine since he was new to the practice and not long married - since then he's had two sons and they are now nearly in University!

Been a couple of times to the Lakeland shop in Windermere:  I think it's their biggest one.  Like going around Aladdins Cave....  So much stuff!

Have been looking at Tablets again, its a big decision which to have, but I am missing my old one so much I'll have to decide soon. Asked my sons' advice and am looking at all the ones on offer at present.  Of course, when you buy technology these days, its soon out of date right after you have bought it!

• I’m not complaining that we are back to wooly jumpers again. Yesterday I caught bus to city & shivered as the driver had the cooling a/c on. On my return walking from bus stop to home, it started to rain. Cool 20 next few days. All this talk of dentists reminds me I must take my most recent repair back as it just doesn’t feel right. No pain, that would move me!

• What a lot of unfortunate dental stories today!  All those crowns falling out, and disappearing dentists!

Dibnlib, you have really had bad luck.

Wishing you well for tomorrow OG

• Not been on for a while but just picked up about Limpy's mum. It is always sad when we loose a loved one but now know that she is in a better place. My thoughts and prayers will be with you at this time, Clare and family.

• Not a lot to report but at least we've had one or two nice days recently - OH even managed to cut the front and side lawns this afternoon before the winter sets in.

The colours of autumn are so beautiful at present, everywhere you go you see changes, green to gold to crimson. Wonderful. I took one or two pics whilst on holiday when we went up to Bath. These trees were in the Park and Ride carpark.

No 4 was where Jane Austin lived until her father, Revd. Austin died and then she left Bath.

street performer in the centre of Bath

taken at Monkey World

one of the cappuchine monkeys

we also visited Longleat and this is the tapestry gallery

part of the painted ceiling in the tapestry gallery.

finally one of the house - quite impressive.

getting back into the routine of going to the gym again after a break. OH had a slip on the stairs the other week and wrenched his knee and groin - was worried a DVT had started but saw the doc today who confirmed it wasn't, a relief.

Do hope that all of you are keeping well even if the weather is somewhat changeable.  Take care all.

• Evening all:

Wendyb:  That's a hoot about the reusable scar. :-)

Lynette: Thanks for the Bath pix!

OG: Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row for the docs appointment. Best of luck!

Will catch up properly tomorrow - hope you all still have your teeth!

• Good morning, all.  OG, we're keeping everything crossed for you today.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.