Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• OG - I don't have a spiralizer but they seem to make veggies a bit more interesting? Sometimes a substitute for pasta? I find courgettes on their own pretty tasteless but when we grew them, used to make soup as in courgette and mint etc. Also roasted them with other veg. When our Danish friends were here recently, we were cooking small potatoes. Merete peeled carrots , cut them in two parts diagonally and laid them on top of the potatoes, not under water, so that they steamed. Economical and absolutely delicious.

• CLARE  sorry to hear the news of Limpeys Mum, Our thoughts to you all.

RITA  glad to hear you are doing well mobility wise.  Sorry to hear of family difficulties.  You have a difficult decision to make...to move or not to move. sounds to me as if you are thinking of moving for your families sake and not because you really want to. 

We have had a lovely day with friends from Fife. They arrived late morning and after a cuo of tea and a biscuit we headed for Chanonry and a nice stroll on the beach. No dolphins unfortunately although they had been seen earlier, Home via coffee at Tiso. We all enjoyed our meal and friend took home the recipe for my Grandmas bran loaf.  DIANE  I stuck to my version of potato salad but must try yours some time. We also had chicken veronique, ham wrapped asparagus, cocktail sausages and a few other bits and bobs.  Oh had made a very tasty sweet potato and chilli soup to start.   When friends had left we found they had left a lovly scarf behind so I must get that wrapped up and posted tomorrow

• Have just heard from our Eldest, and our new Daugh.in.Law has heard that she has won two tickets to see "Strictly" live next Saturday!  She is taking one of her Bridesmaids, lucky pair!!

(apparently there is a weekly ballot for tickets, and she has been trying to get on it for years & years.....!)

• Nice food related posts, dibnlib & Heather....

• My mouth is watering, DIBNLIB. I love making soup. Only problem is that have now run out of freezer boxes. More soup stored than eating of same. Last lot had to go into freezer bags when cooled.Then stored carefully upright :-)

• Limpy has asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone who has passed on their kind wishes to him.  He'll post when he feels a bit more himself.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• CLARE - give him our love - thinking of him tonight.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Crazy weather. We’re expecting a max of 25 C today, but at 7 am it was 26. Go figure. Also expecting thunderstorm & showers. However as this is the last of my 6-day “holiday” from nanny duty, I am escaping to city library for some research, long overdue. Once upon a time I had a weekly visit there.

• Lindy,     Brilliant poem. Made me smile.

I might buy one of those 'gadgets; from Lakeland, next time I go.  I like it that nearly all their utensils can go in the dishwasher.  So many others do not.

We didn't have a Lakeland here when we first came back 'down south', but there is one not far away now. Their mail order service was very good.

I see you are a fan of the shop too.

Dibnlib,    That soup sounds good. I love sweet potatoes, in any form.

• Hi all. No time to catch up and out again in the a.m.  !