Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY AUTUMNAL EQUINOX!

The equinox is Wednesday, 23 September. Info HERE.

Last week's chat thread is HERE.

The nights are starting to turn cool in Indiana, and the leaves are just hinting at turning colors.

Everyone have a great week!

Sunflower
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Linda, Sorry you are missing a visit to the Lakes, but obviously better for you that you stay nearer home.

Annette, Sounds as if you are getting through your extra washing etc. in spite of your hectic timetable. Good to hear that you completed your job early.

Diane, The harvest moon is already looking very large and bright, Not sure if I will be able to wake up to see the eclipse on Sunday/ Monday though. We will see :-))
    Sorry to say it, but I do hope your Hawk catches that mouse in your garage. I saw what damage a mouse did to a neighbour's car, when she she was in hospital.

• Hello all

Yes, LINDY. Stay at home and get better! I was happy to see that you slept for two hours. You obviously needed it.

BRENDA - I had the professional oven cleaner. He was fantastic, took the oven to pieces. I usually do it myself but someone recommended Carlos :-)) it was worth every penny. I can't easily clean the grill and top of the oven. The old neck doesn't bend and look up as well as it used too, these days. We have a double oven with grills in both and never use the grill in the bottom oven but it does get splashes because I am a roast dinner maker. And that will never change, I will never ever change my cooking methods just because it might make the oven dirty. My step daughter in law goes to extreme measures to avoid getting a dirty oven. Result, her husband never gets a proper roast dinner like his late Mum used to make. He misses it so much and only gets it when he is here for Sunday lunch. When I say extreme measures, I am talking about buying a pre cooked chicken from Tesco and Aunt Bessies roast potatoes.

Grandson Callum was here this morning, replacing the rear offside light unit in our car. The casing was cracked, letting in water and that affected the electrics. OH always gives him money when he helps out. Just to show appreciation (and keep him keen to assist!) Now for a laugh. OH didn't realise that our car had inbuilt fog lamps. Callum showed him and asked him if, in the ten years we have had the car, had Granddad ever read the manual. I expect you can guess the answer....

BRENDA - My OH is going out tonight, the Opening Of The Indoor Bowling. I will stay at home and read my book.

• Went to the charity event, only to find I had got the date wrong!   Bleh!   Brought my small offerings home with me again, and bought some newspapers & bread. When I got home, I was quite tired just from the outing which took less than an hour.

Not heard from my OH all day, hope that's good news!

• Heather:  I wrote the above and didn't press "Post" so then when I did, it came up with your post..... I was delayed by my OH ringing me to say he was at Lancaster and expected to be over an hour getting home yet.   I'm so glad I didn't go with him: he says he has ringing in his ears from all the chat!

I keep feeling very tired but its not surprising as every time I tried to get a small nap during the week, the workmen next door banged around and kept me awake again.  I said that the only place I could not hear them was in our garage, which is not a comfortable place to sleep.

We are hoping to get away to our holiday place at the end of next week, for a week or so, whilst its still reasonable weather.  I hope to feel better then.

• That sounds like a good idea, LINDY. Peace and quiet for a while. This bug has really hit you hard.

• Nottingham Hunt Sabs just sent this pic as night falls in the Gloucester cull zone and the're ready and waiting to defend their setts from the badger killers