Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

If you missed the end of last week's Chat thread, click on the link above and go back to see OG's spectacular photos of the Sparrowhawk that visited her garden! The pics are really good. See pages 8-9! 

Also, Brenda posted a lovely kestrel on page 7.  

Autumn is right around the corner, but it's still very hot on my patch; 95 F (35 C) tomorrow. I'll try to send some heat to Brenda, who had to put the central heating on in her home yesterday. :-)

Happy Labor Day on Monday to Annette, June Spradlin, and anyone else in the U.S. Labor Day was very important in my family, and I always miss my Dad on that holiday.

Everyone have a good week.

• George - hope the news is encouraging and wait to hear from you in due course.

Annette - enjoy the time with your dau.

• Diane - I don't think it matters, people are always grateful for tech knowledge you can give.

Apologies for doing my posts in bits as I've just gone through pages since last posted.   Always good to hear what everyone is getting up to.

• Been waiting up late for my OH to come home from his sports club - sounds as if they've put the world to rights whilst there, LOL!! 

Diane:  No need to apologise for posting something which might help someone.  We can always skip the bits we are not interested in reading! What a helpful friend you are.

Lynette:  Glad the injection is already helping.  My OH had a "funny thumb" a few weeks ago, and it went right of its own accord.  Now I wonder if it may come back, later.

OG: You're busy again -  Have a good trip away.

I must get to bed as its already tomorrow!!

• Thanks, Brenda, Lynette, and Lindy. I know that Heather was a gifted and very successful nurse. The medical science isn't an issue for her; she knows and understands all of that. But these new technologies are daunting. I remember crying many tears trying to figure out all of the procedures and machines for my parents' treatment. I had short and completely inadequate training from the U.S. medical system. :-(

• Annette – 93 F, that’s only 34 C. Here that’s just a warm day.

Diane – A lady I boarded with had a saying when she was really pleased with someone. It apples to you! For your help to us, you are worth your weight in bottle tops.

Margo – I hope your week was better than you dreaded. {{{HUGS}}}

My Wed nanny duty. Dau in tears as Miss3 just so naughty, screaming, lots of time out. Twins successfully put down for am nap but they slept so long, they wouldn’t have a pm nap. By late pm, they were overtired & cranky. Early tea and I escaped when s-i-l arrived from work. Yesterday apart from food shop & 10 mins weeding, I rested. Today the washing is done and I am gloating about my holiday today – we had a 3-way swap with Miss19, OH & self – so OH has today’s nanny duty. Tomorrow night I shall be in Melrose. Pjs, toothbrush, camera, I’m ready.

• Evening all:  Nice visit with daughter today; she's wearing one of those boots on her foot and will be wearing that for about four weeks. Still really hot here, but was noticeably cooler in daughter's neighborhood. Forecast calls for another couple of days like this. Ugh.  My guess is the painting won't be finished until Monday and maybe even Tuesday.

Lindybird: No way can you go to the wedding with gunky eyes; glad they're improving. :-) Such a shame that small farms are disappearing - it's all so industrialized these days. Good luck with your next "easy walkies" device. My neighbors' old dog doesn't wear her leash; she carries it in her mouth and takes them for a walk. It's a hoot to see.

Heather:  I don't know why I should be surprised that you might get sun damage in Scotland.  I see Diane has been true to her profession and provided all kinds of info re insulin pumps. Brilliant of her, eh? :-)  Here's a link to Wednesday's Miami-Herald with news about the recipient of cell transplant in a diabetes research study. www.miamiherald.com/.../article34535811.html

Diane: Geez. Didn't know your bro had diabetes, etc. There was a news item on the tele this week about a woman who was hiking with a monitor in her pocket that constantly monitored her levels. Probably old news to you, but I can't imagine how that works.   Apropos of new technology, our new car has Bluetooth and I can accept and make phone calls (via voice commands and buttons on the steering wheel) using the car's speakers. I was expecting a major hassle connecting my iPhone but the car's spoken instructions that walked me through the set up up were amazingly easy to follow (probably written by a woman!).

OG: Have a lovely two nights away.

Lynette: The Queen does a good job of appearing impartial, but I wonder what she really thinks about various people and issues. Thing is, she's so discreet, we'll never know.  Oh too bad about the pool temp, just when you were getting back up to speed.

AQ:  I keep saying that we're all weather wimps here.  :-))  Oh dear, too bad that Miss3 was so cranky. When will she be Miss4?  Have a wonderful trip. You certainly deserve it.

Have a good Friday all!

• Good Morning, All.  Dull here but not cold:  I'm hoping for some sun later, as I "did" my hair (hides the grey!)  and now it looks rather a dull colour so I need a little sun upon it to give me some highlights.

AQ:  Probably too late to say, but hope you have a great trip away - you deserve some "me" time.

Annette:  Sorry its so blinking hot there:  hopefully workmen will want to get finished so won't take too long over it.  Your daughter must feel hot having to wear that thing on her foot, what a nuisance.  Hang on, just re read and its not so hot where she is....  hope she is OK.

I'm off to sluice down and get myself off to Docs for discussion on my b.p. and statins......  read up on it last night and am not much wiser about decision.

• Good morning all

Just a quick pop in before I go (again) to collect my phone.

Thank you DIANE for the added links and ANNETTE for the link to the MIAMI paper article. Very much appreciated - I will study them this afternoon.

DIANE - I'm not surprised that you found yourself distressed when faced with unfamiliar medical machinery and nobody at hand to consult with. When you are doing it for a loved one and emotions are involved.....

Back later -