The LG OSPREY GABFEST for JULY, 2015

SUMMERTIME - and the livin' is easy

Fish are jumpin'

And the Flowers are high

One of these mornin's

You're gonna rise up singin'

Then you'll spread your wing's

And you'll take to the sky.

• I am breathless   !!   just Streetwalked Oban & Ellenebeich. most fascinating I;ve found in some time1   A new pic in every direction with  every  step!  . Also found Tyree and Isle of Mull.

• 58willow said:

Hope you will not be affected by the road chaos caused by this ferry strike absolutely terrible, thay people are stuck in traffic for hours and hours due to "operation stack" :(

I have been fine using the Medway Tunnel between Isle of Grain and Chatham. The M2 has been busy with the M20 coastbound used for Stacking.

Finished lunchtime today so visited the Royal Dockyard (Now a museum) at Chatham for a visit to see HMS Ocelot an old submarine friend along with HMS Cavellier and HMS Gannet.

Will leave early tomorrow to avoid any traffic on M25 back to Heathrow to return my car and fly home to Edinburgh.

• I was away from the Forum for 48 hours and look what happens?!  Congratulations, Keith, (and everyone at the LDOP!) on the return to Britain of White 14!  Even though you do not get emotionally involved with some Ospreys like some of us do, you must be really chuffed!

Kind regards, Ann

• Hi ANN (GARDENBIRDER) - Although as you rightly said I dont get emmotionally involved with ospreys I did use the word "ELATED" with the news on another thread and on a posting to the LDOP.

He evaded me this Feb/March - I went down to the bay where he lived but must have heard I was coming as he went off on a rare trip to the Niger Delta and came back when I left the Island. Maybe he remembered me from 2014.

However March 2014 will be a time I will not forget for some time chasing him from one end of the bay to the other - each time I got close he flew to the other end of the bay and after I walked to the other end he flew back the other way. I was assisted by LDOP in tracking him so he was easy to find.

Yes CHUFFED

My next mission on Bioko - Hook Up of the new compression platform is due in November so hope he is safely back in his wintering area on Bioko by then.

• JUNE - In you streetwalk of Ellenabeich hope you reached the Oyster Brewery and Restaurant which serves the most fresh and delightful seafood.

This was the store in the original film.

My wife was a great fan of Val Doonican and in a phone call tonight said we are going to Ring of Bright Water (She always calls Ellenabeich this) when I am off next week.

• Hi Keith, At least you managed to see White 14 once on Bioko, though too bad about Feb. this year.  I wonder if White 14 will visit his natal nest and also, when he heads south again, what track will he take to get back to Africa and Bioko?  Fingers crossed that you will see him here before he heads south, as well as again on Bioko in November!

Kind regards, Ann

• Hi June, Lovely news about the 3 chicks at the Dyfi Estuary.  I thought there were 2 females and 1 male!  I hope all is well with you.  Sorry I have not contributed much lately.  To quote that song 'Time in a Bottle' (think it was Jim Croce's song) 'There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them!'

Kind regards, Ann

•     the LG nest -still empty no matter how you look at it.