Dyfi Ospreys-July 2015

A new month begins at DYFI, as we now wait for the DYFI’S Bobbleheads to be ringed and to start wingercising.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Merin is up and casting glances at the fish - I'm going to guess Celyn has the fish as she's making good progress.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning CLARE

Ithought Merin was going to challenge the fish eater but she has settled down again

• Hi, Patily!  So did I but as it's Celyn with the fish (finally managed to read the leg ring) I suspect she decided to opt for showing patience.  

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• She has stopped eating and is now pottering on the nest.

• She's laying down with the other two - awwwww.  It's lovely to watch a nest where the food is plentiful.

• Togetherness:

Copyright Dyfi Osprey Project

• Glesni has arrived.  Celyn greets her by stretching her wing out to poke her in the chest.

• Glesni is feeding Merin and Brenig.  Celyn is peering at Glesni as if she's thinking 'hmmm, I wouldn't mind seconds'!

• I haven't looked In on Dyfi for a day or two - have they upped the brightness? 

Copyright - Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust

BTW - The preening head is the one on the right preeningistself, not the one on the left preening the one on the right.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I haven't looked In on Dyfi for a day or two - have they upped the brightness? 

Not that I'm aware, Scylla.

Glesni has flown and Brenig is energetically wingercising.  He seems a very determined bird - I wonder if he'll defy expectations to be the first to fledge?