Daily Update~Loch Garten Nest~ Sunday, 17 May 2015

Welcome to another day in the 2015 season. Yesterday looked to be quite a peaceful day for EJ and Odin, and with Fenrir not seen for some time, and the fact the the blue ringed male hasn't made an appearance on the web cam, seems to indicate that the season while absent of the chicks, we always look forward to, should at least continue on a relatively peaceful mode for EJ The Phenomenal, and Odin The Magnificent.   

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• EJ is calling. Just a sudden burst and stopped again.

• Unknown said:
    spruced. .now there is a great word but I don't think it describes the forward hide it must be how you left it CRinger. However I just love being in there especially on a summer night sitting cosy in my sleeping bag, cuppa in hand and listening to the sounds of the forest, which is only beaten by the sun rising shining  through the trees, lighting the cobwebs and the birds of all kinds lighting your day with their chattering.

What could be better. You can keep your fancy accommodation and all its gyms and spas :-D

• Trying I agree with all of that hence after hearing RD at a talk he said the youngsters fly around inprinting nests which could come up for grabs. That is with an older male or female in residence. So we will then see more of these battles or then not as not all nest have a camera. There have been many platforms built but not all utilised.

Note to young Ospreys......Build your own and if you don't know how visit Jen and her team as she has 2 ready to go..the visiting children are encouraged to do so.

• You have every right to have your view. My own is that we have to do a bit more platform building in Strathspey

Trying said:

Trying and everyone else I worry about next year as these youngsters will be a year older in their development... The incumbents will be a year older and the new boys and girls have that nest earmarked...just a thought.    

If it wasn't for the Ospreys current rarity in the UK, would they get such high levels of protection and media focus.

What if there was a 1000 breeding pairs.

Would not inter-family feuds, and territory battles ensue much more, just as in many other species of nature.
    A lot has been done to try and right the wrongs man inflicted on the Osprey in the past, but, in my view, nature has to be allowed to adjust its natural balance itself.

[/quote]You have every right to your view. My own is that we need to build more platforms in Strathspey as a short term strategem.

• Think it is likely getting too late for fish which is a shame. I'm hoping they start tomorrow with their positive, get ready for the week, Monday heads on.

• EJ's calling. I hope it's a fish.

Sadly not :( It's getting quite late for a fish now.

• If it isn't, Odin is going to get another 'ear-bashing' for a while longer!

Doasyouwouldbedoneby

• I agree but who will do this I cant stand heights..

for 3 years I have food soliciting noises in my area for awhile but this year it was for a length of time.

Yomped for miles no calling now and only found 2 buzzard nests.

• @ devonside.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Osprey, and much about the species. I also love the natural world in general too, but, in the main, in its natural occurring state.

• Unknown said:

any one else been in the forward hide?

More times than I care to remember! I painted it with RT when it arrived. Pretty sure someone would have spruced it up since then.

[/quote]0 I don't think it describes the forward hide it must be how you left it CRinger. However I just love being in there especially on a summer night sitting cosy in my sleeping bag, cuppa in hand and listening to the sounds of the forest, which is only beaten by the sun rising shining  through the trees, lighting the cobwebs and the birds of all kinds lighting your day with their chattering.

[/quote]

Now that is a post and a half!!! Could not agree more. The old forward hide held many great memories for me as a vol. so, with Richard's permission, I took the keys as a treasured momento.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.