WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2015

Hallo all!  Thanks for cute photos of various critters. Lots of work in the garden on this side of the pond; don't understand how a simple job can turn into a three-hour pain in the derriere! :-)

Lindybird: Will be interesting to see how things develop following the UK election. Is that Bonnie's "official" old shoe? :-)  Good idea to stash her toys in it.

Margo: Not happy to read that you've had a rough time with one more dose to go. Grrrr. Wish I could wish it away!

LizLFW: Not happy news from LG; what a development. Makes me somewhat relieved that I haven't been watching the nest as closely as in the past. :-(

Brenda: How are those next-door plans evolving? Re the osprey, that's the first time I've seen one at that location- a real thrill. Re the brainless thugs; makes me wonder what it would take to make them appreciate the sacrifices made on their (ungrateful) behalfs (behalves??)

dibnlib: I've been missing the gym again, what with dogs to walk, etc., etc., My whole fitness schedule seems to have gone out the window.....  :-((

Diane: So glad you're busy with freelance project.

AQ: Have you done the laundry yet? How was the trip?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Recovery day after my Mon & Wed nanny duty. Miss J has a snuffly cold & very very grizzly. On Mon she just wouldn’t give in for pm nap, just dozed and cried everytime I tried to put her in cot. As she usually only sleeps for 20 mins, I gave up after 15 mins to nurse her in rocking chair. She slept for 1½ hours!!! I confess I dozed too. Yesterday Dau was so exhausted she was in tears. Dau managed a short nap before Miss J woke – I was trying to amuse the wee one but she wanted Mum. Miss L loves standing and when Dau put her on a toy on wheels, she scooted herself – backwards – laughing all the way. I still have my mild snuffly cold. I am sitting here with feet in foot warmer. Max 15 C today, last night down to 4.8 C. No wonder OH was complaining he was cold. It would be warmer if only it would rain. Soon I’d better rustle up something hot for evening meal which he will be too tired to eat after his nanny day. He asked Dau how could she do mundane tasks day after day. Hey, that’s what females do at home.

• Morning, Lindy.  You'll be pleased to know EJ finally mugged Fenrir for his fish!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi, Aquilareen - I hope that sniffle clears up soon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Linda - I feel exhausted just reading about Bonnie. BTW I have to sign in at least once a week. I do wish "they" could remember me!

• Yeay Clare. EJ must have learnt about female assertiveness!

• aquilareen said:

Yeay Clare. EJ must have learnt about female assertiveness!

I would previously have said that she was the last bird to need to learn such a thing!!

• Just thought I'd mention that we've just had a beautiful goldfinch perching on our washing line!  Naturally it flew before I could snap it.

• Good Morning Everyone. Still dry here, but waiting for the heavy rain to arrive. I will have to go food shopping though, so we will probably have lunch out too.

Tina, Yes, Some birds, including blackbirds, corvids, or squirrels  will eat your cat food. The blackbirds, especially, love soaked raisins. They love to feed them to their young too.

AQ, Are the twins sleeping through the night for your daughter ?  Your nanny days do sound so exhausting.

Sorry, you are still snuffling. That will also sap your energy.

Linda, I mentioned to a friend, who has the same breed, about energetic Bonnie. Her reply was, " Oh, don't remind me. I have never forgotten the time we had and the things Cocoa destroyed, besides all the stones she ate. "  Cocoa is now a lovely dog and so well behaved, She has never lost her hunting instinct though. She still catches rabbits !!

• Good morning all and once again thank you for all your thoughts. Just starting to feel normal again. The last week and a half has been pretty grim. 

Looking forward to next week as OH is taking the week off and we will be able to go out. Have decided no cooking next week, we will eat out each day. At least I will have an appetite and be able to enjoy my food. Hope the weather will be better than it is today, chucking it down with rain and feeling quite cold.

Thanks to to Lindy and rita for flower pics. 

Lindy cute pics of Bonnie on the beach being blown about. Glad you managed to stop her eating the dead fish. It would appear that there is very little that she won't attempt to eat or destroy.

Lyneette thanks for wedding pics, the bride looked lovely.

Just a short post today, hooefully a bit more tomorrow.

Take care all.

• News from Stop the cull

"its been our busiest week ever and with a reach of 6.6 million people over the last week, we have now in the last couple of hours over taken the conservative party for number of people

"talking about this page"

The nasty party may have won, but the bite back has already begun with huge numbers of compassionate people joining up with their local sab groups to help stop the killing of wildlife."