WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2015

Hallo all!  Thanks for cute photos of various critters. Lots of work in the garden on this side of the pond; don't understand how a simple job can turn into a three-hour pain in the derriere! :-)

Lindybird: Will be interesting to see how things develop following the UK election. Is that Bonnie's "official" old shoe? :-)  Good idea to stash her toys in it.

Margo: Not happy to read that you've had a rough time with one more dose to go. Grrrr. Wish I could wish it away!

LizLFW: Not happy news from LG; what a development. Makes me somewhat relieved that I haven't been watching the nest as closely as in the past. :-(

Brenda: How are those next-door plans evolving? Re the osprey, that's the first time I've seen one at that location- a real thrill. Re the brainless thugs; makes me wonder what it would take to make them appreciate the sacrifices made on their (ungrateful) behalfs (behalves??)

dibnlib: I've been missing the gym again, what with dogs to walk, etc., etc., My whole fitness schedule seems to have gone out the window.....  :-((

Diane: So glad you're busy with freelance project.

AQ: Have you done the laundry yet? How was the trip?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Good Morning ALL. Woke up coughing and sneezing at 3.30am. Not a cold, just something irritating me. Don't usually get hay fever. Fine now.

• Tina T said:

It was a bad day yesterday for my OH, it was a year since his son passed away, very difficult time.

Its made worse now his then Ex partner has taken it upon herself to detach herself from the family, so no one is allowed to see the 2 boys, 8 and 4 year old, Its been 6 Months now since my OH has seen his grandsons.

That is incredibly selfish behaviour.  I hope the boys give her grief over this on a daily basis.........actually, every five minutes would be better.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Sunny and bright, here. Annette - enjoy your friends visit, hope you get to see some whales. I have a huge To Do List, but am not going to give myself any grief if bits of it are left behind. At least its a good day for laundry, & I usually do my main wash midweek. I have managed to defrost the big freezer over the last couple of days, and threw out some small items which looked old & doubtful. Now we're ready to fill it with, to start with, some of my OHs big crop of rhubarb.
  • Its a beautiful day here, now.  My OH has been on the garage roof for the fifth time, trying to sort out our TV reception (we have a good pic on our main set, which is connected to cable, but our other sets seem to waver when the weather is wet and/or windy) - he has put in a new cable for it, and today put up a whole new pole which raises the aerial higher. This seems to have done the trick, thank goodness.  We await to see if we get a better picture now. I dread to think what he would have done if he had not been fit enough to climb up himself:  he hates paying anyone else to do things!

Bonnie has helped me put out the laundry, and pull a few weeds.  We realised that we no longer see as many neighbours cats in our garden as we used to, LOL!!

• Here are the promised pics of Bonnie on the beach at our last visit to Wales.  We went to a nearby very large beach, when the tide was out, so that she could run around. Unfortunately, it was a wet and windy day and it meant we had it all virtually to ourselves, everyone else around was sitting in nearby cafes!

She found the wind nearly blew her sideways:

"Gosh, Dad, why are we here??!"

"Not sure I like this!"

Then she found a dead, dried up fish on the beach.....

My OH had to chase her to get hold of it and throw it back into the sea....

"I forgot about the wind, and enjoyed myself LOL!"

• Just rescued this page from dropping off to page 2. I hope you have all been enjoying yourselves.

Love your photographs of Bonnie, LINDA. I should think that she can really move, when she starts running. She must be keeping you both very fit.

I can honestly say, that you would never catch my husband on the roof, fixing the TV aerial.

Annette, Have a lovely time with your friend.

Margo, Hope you are recovering from this round of chemo. X

I was up far too early this morning, so off to my bed.

• Lindy: Bonnie is gorgeous, lovely photo's.

• Good evening everyone.

Annette: my Oh doesn't like confrontation, plus he would hate to upset his grandsons, he will need to explain once they are of an age to understand why the family weren't allowed access to visit.

Clare: I do often wonder whether the boys ask any questions, she is a very selfish person, very manipulative.

Question for you all, we have a feral cat that has been visiting for over a year, so I have regularly fed him, plus my OH built him a shelter, which he used well over winter. Anyway I have noticed that the male and female blackbirds have been taking his wet and dried food, is this unusual?!

The birds are costing me a fortune at the moment, especially now they are feeding youngsters. I was in the supermarket this morning and stocked up on raisins (8 bags) the shop assistant asked if I was baking a birthday cake, I'm sure  she thought I was going mad when I told her they were for the birds.

I soak them a little and mix with other bird food, they love them. I'm sure we are all a little mad one way or the other.

The birds do give me a great deal of enjoyment, when I'm not glued to Osprey webcams.

I can't believe its 11.15 and I am still up, so I must leave otherwise I will struggle when the alarm goes off at 6am.

Night everyone.

• Good Morning, had to sign in again today, it seems to be random. Sunshine in my window, a better day than we expected. Tina - I expect that blackbirds will take anything they can, to eat. They are "ground feeders" so you'll never see them on bird feeders hung up.
  • Brenda - Bonnie can really run, now she's bigger. She's certainly keeping us alert: if we can't see her, we say "What's she doing now?!" and she's usually up to mischief. Yesterday she chewed my OHs glasses case up, and ran around with keys in her mouth, and that was before anyone had breakfast!