WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2015

Hallo all!  Thanks for cute photos of various critters. Lots of work in the garden on this side of the pond; don't understand how a simple job can turn into a three-hour pain in the derriere! :-)

Lindybird: Will be interesting to see how things develop following the UK election. Is that Bonnie's "official" old shoe? :-)  Good idea to stash her toys in it.

Margo: Not happy to read that you've had a rough time with one more dose to go. Grrrr. Wish I could wish it away!

LizLFW: Not happy news from LG; what a development. Makes me somewhat relieved that I haven't been watching the nest as closely as in the past. :-(

Brenda: How are those next-door plans evolving? Re the osprey, that's the first time I've seen one at that location- a real thrill. Re the brainless thugs; makes me wonder what it would take to make them appreciate the sacrifices made on their (ungrateful) behalfs (behalves??)

dibnlib: I've been missing the gym again, what with dogs to walk, etc., etc., My whole fitness schedule seems to have gone out the window.....  :-((

Diane: So glad you're busy with freelance project.

AQ: Have you done the laundry yet? How was the trip?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• LYNETTE   beautiful photos, thank you

• Good Morning, All - no night posters so here we are on Tuesday and Another Day on Planet Earth, as one of our DJs says. Let's hope that our EJ can hang on in there, and get past the drama.
  • Amen to that, Lindy.  I thought she was extraordinary yesterday!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• so very confused about what is happening on the nest.

Off to Brodie again as OH has had a phone call to say the jacket he asked for has arrived. Just got to go along and check it for size

• Didn't get time to post here yesterday - too busy at home and on the nest!

DIBNLIB - have something nice with a coffee at Brodie!  I hope your work situation is soon resolved.

MARGO - now yesterday is over, I hope you will feel good soon.

Not going to try more replies from memory - lots to do as we are away again next week.  OH managed half the front grass this morning - still using old mower with its tired batteries, as chosen replacement still unavailable.

Out this evening - "Pie and Peas" supper at Gardening Group.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• There's a new blog from Jen.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning Everyone.

We are waiting for BT to arrive and upgrade us to infinity broadband. I know most of you will already have it, but it has only just arrived here.

I baby sat neighbour's new 9 week old puppy yesterday. She is is lovely and is called Gertie. I also have a lovely cut on the back of my hand, from when she greeted me, on my arrival.  

I also went for a two hour bowls practice in the early evening. I am aching this morning.

Too many questions to be answered at LG. So many intruders.

• I was at LG and it was chaos on the nest and in VC as lots of visitors.

Brenda re your BT upgrade all I can say is "if only".

We have similar issues as they have at LG. Makes OH grumpy as he works from home.

• Do wish the troubles could sort themselves out at LG, and EJ and Odin could be left in peace, it is so sad to see EJ sitting on her broken eggshell. I suppose this sort of thing happens all the time on the nests everywhere that we do not see.

• Not a very nice day here weatherwise,  sunny for a few minutes and then raining hard for the next few.  here are some photos of the last spring flowers in my garden and plants flowering in my conservatory at the moment.    Hope everyone has a nice day!