WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2015

Hallo all!  Thanks for cute photos of various critters. Lots of work in the garden on this side of the pond; don't understand how a simple job can turn into a three-hour pain in the derriere! :-)

Lindybird: Will be interesting to see how things develop following the UK election. Is that Bonnie's "official" old shoe? :-)  Good idea to stash her toys in it.

Margo: Not happy to read that you've had a rough time with one more dose to go. Grrrr. Wish I could wish it away!

LizLFW: Not happy news from LG; what a development. Makes me somewhat relieved that I haven't been watching the nest as closely as in the past. :-(

Brenda: How are those next-door plans evolving? Re the osprey, that's the first time I've seen one at that location- a real thrill. Re the brainless thugs; makes me wonder what it would take to make them appreciate the sacrifices made on their (ungrateful) behalfs (behalves??)

dibnlib: I've been missing the gym again, what with dogs to walk, etc., etc., My whole fitness schedule seems to have gone out the window.....  :-((

Diane: So glad you're busy with freelance project.

AQ: Have you done the laundry yet? How was the trip?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• New Blog - ODIN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hello Everyone, I am back here at last, sorry I have been missing, did not realise it has been a month!    Thanks to all who have been enquiring after me.  I have been suffering with some kind of nasty virus and still do not feel very good.  It started with a sore throat and developed into a cough with a lot of congestion but I have had lots of other symptoms as well, headaches and nausea which means I have not felt like eating much, also feeling light-headed  and perspiring one minute, cold the next, which sounds like a fever but was'nt  as my temperature was normal, and feeling very tired all the time.  Anyway, I am not coughing any more now so I am hopefully on the mend.   I had some blood tests on Friday  just to make some checks.     However,  I have been keeping up with all the news, and reading all the osprey threads and watching all the various webcams , (especially LG over the last few days) but some how I have'nt managed to post on here.      

My eldest son and his wife came up for a few days last week-end, they arrived on Friday morning and left Tuesday afternoon, it was so nice to see them.   They flew up to go to a Wedding in Dornoch on Saturday and used my car to drive up there.   I changed my car  insurance to include my son and surprisingly instead of paying extra I received a refund of £28 on my insurance for this year!     It seemed strange to have just the two of them without any of the others, my grandaughter went up from Southampton to look after the boys (16yrs and 18yrs) mainly I suspect to see that they did'nt throw   any wild parties with parents away!!      We managed to go out for a couple of nice meals,  at the 'Sutor Creek' in Cromarty and 'The Oakwood Restaurant' outside  Inverness where in spite of not feeling very hungry I managed an nice fresh crab starter and a delicious venison casserole, no room for a dessert though!  We found it quite difficult to book in any of my favourite restaurants, it was surprising how many of them were shut on a Sunday and Monday.

It is a bit late for me to make replies to everyone now  but I have been enjoying all the pictures and stories about Bonnie, it does make me laugh,  I think I have the same ornamental grass as you have in your garden and my cat used to love lying on it..

I had got several pictures that I wanted to post but I will finish with a happy little picture that my youngest son sent me of my grandaughters when they were out one day.          'Who's for elevenses?'

• Ritaso good to see you. Sorry you have been rather unwell.

diane thanks for the lovely card and pleased to see you have a project.

Lindy Bonnie is just gorgeous.

• Welcome back, Rita........and Odin!!!!!!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - How Wonderful!!!  Odin back!!  I could not really believe that he had gone.    Whatever will happen now???

• Bye Bye Pretender - hopefully!

• Lindybird - what a cutie Bonnie is, how old?! we miss having a dog, but its easy to talk yourself out of one, plus we have 2 cats, they would not be amused to say the least to begin with.

My last dag was a springer, blooming hyper to begin with, he turned out to be a lovely boy. I have had retrievers prior to him, my OH has had German shepherds and labradors. We both agree that we would like an active dog, I quite like the little field cocker spaniels, same personality as a Springer.

Rita - your granddaughters are just lovely, I wouldn't mind those elevenses. Sorry to hear you haven't been well.

I have had  a chilled day in the garden and generally catching up with household chores, thrilling, whilst my OH has spent the weekend in Brighton visiting his brother, think he mentioned it was a little blustery, we have had a lovely day here In Cambridgeshire.

Now I's off to finish off the cake I baked earlier, ( I bake when stressed, the ups and downs at LG) along with the continual check on the gorgeous Odin, I have everything crossed for him now.

• Clare Bailey said:

Welcome back, Rita........and Odin!!!!!!!

My goodness! I've only just come on and seen this news! Wow & Wow again!
  • Glad to see that Rita is OK - well, maybe not 100%, I'm just going back to read her post. Tina - Bonnie is now just over 5 months old, she was born just before Christmas. We've had friends who have had very loveable Cocker Spaniels and my OH had loved a Springer Spaniel when he was a teenager, so we decided upon one.
  • Rita - Sorry to read that you've been so poorly. I gather that since you've had tests, you have been seeing the Doc. Hope they can decide what ails, these days they often say "Its a virus".  Your Granddaughters are just delightful!