WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, APRIL 12, 2015

Happy New Week

• Good morning all bright and sunny but very chilly wind.

Lyneete enjoy your holiday.

Lindy safe journeys tomorrow.

have a good weekend all and takr care.

• Hi Tina, We haven't received our RSPB magazine yet. I have never heard of a blackbird taking cat biscuits. I presume he takes them to dunk in water before he eats them.
    The Apple store transferred everything from my old phone for me, when I updated my phone.
    Best wishes for the garden work.

• A lovely day here again and changed my bed and the things that I took off are outside drying in the sunshine. This week we have the Links Market here which is a street fair that stretches along the promenade and is said to be the longest street fair in Britain. I won't be giving it a visit as it is very noisy and it being good weather very crowded.

The birds are going through the seeds etc at an alarming rate at the moment and I have now got a pair of Ravens visiting regularly and I think they must be nesting nearby but I haven't found out exactly where I will keep looking.

I hope everyone enjoys the sun while it is here.

george g

• Yes BRENDA,You read my mind! They have a second car but it isn't registered in France, rear brake pads are gone and exhaust hanging off. They have never been able to manage money, nothing for a rainy day:-((

Unknown said:

Good Morning Everyone.Sunny again but the wind feels rather cold.

Lynette, Good to hear that your leg now feels normal.

Annette, Migrating couches LOL. I am sure Linda could think of an appropriate ditty.

Heather, I think you may be paying for a hire car for your brother, if you all want to go out in France.

Linda, Don't work too hard today, tomorrow could be tiring, but rewarded with cuddles. Hope you have an easy drive.

OG, How lovely to see. Our friendly robin has disappeared. We presume his partner prefers a nest away from our garden. We seem to have an invasion of green finch this morning, who are all fighting one another to get at the feeders.

• Thank you Brenda, I think a trip to Cambridge tomorrow to have a chat face to face rather than over the telephone, its irritating me now, plus I couldn't connect it to the car :(

I have been to our local garden centre, to be honest I could spend all day and spend a fortune!

George g - your right there regarding costing a fortune, I cannot keep up with them at the moment, although perhaps cat nibbles are the way to go for my blackbirds :-) only kidding!

Its a beautiful day here, so now I have unpacked the shopping and cleaned up, its out in the garden, I did purchase some seeds to attract more bees and butterflies.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

• Thanks Tina:   Its a beautiful day here, too, and hopefully all our friends here in the UK are enjoying the sunshine.  We have just been sitting out in the garden chairs!!  Bonnie ate the heads off two tulips this morning, lovely golden ones where I only had three blooms to come anyway, so now I'm down to just one :-(

Have my laundry on the line or in the ironing basket, and food bought both for the weekend plus some yummy cakes to take with us tomorrow. My OH has actually been watering the tubs and new additions to the garden, as its been so dry lately, with very little rainfall. A few minutes ago a butterfly landed on my arm, but it was gone before I could even see what kind - first this year!!

Nice to hear from George, and that you are keeping busy. Nothing nicer than bedding which has had a nice blow on the line in the fresh air, I think. Clare will be interested in your pair of ravens!!

• Now I'm getting to grips with this pc and my camera, I hope to post some long belated photos.   Here are a couple from our recent holiday in Fuerteventura:

A lady in a main square, who seems doubtful about the fish her husband has just brought home for dinner - "What is it??!!"

The small boat he must have gone out in to catch it!!

• A nice cairn built by a holidaymaker:  it was taller than me! (5ft 5") and decorated with pretty seashells.  I asked him if I could photograph it, and he smiled and said "For a Two Euro fee!!"  - we told him he would be rich by the end of the day if he did!

A traditional windmill, out in the countryside where we were driving through farmland.

The valley road ahead of us:  we love the deep valleys and the dramatic mountain scenery:

• Sea Couches

I'm not sure that I have a notion
    Of why an ugly couch floats upon the ocean:
    Perhaps a passing mermaid fair
    Sits upon it, combing her long hair.

Or wait!  We know that 'tis the season
    For the whales to migrate, maybe
    That's the reason...The mermaids
    Sit and cut a notch
    For every whale,
    Seen during their whale watch.

Maybe there is a prize to be won -
    A comb, decorated with pearls and some
    Bright baubles, for the maid who spots
    The most whale babies, with the most blue spots
    And sings quite prettily, a whale baby's praises.

Whatever the reason,
    The couch journeys on -
    Its cover is worn, its springs are all gone
    But one day 'twill sink, and then become

A good nest for a lobster,
    A crab or a fish:  We hope they enjoy it!
    We can only wish, them all happiness in
    A home which is bliss.

• Very good Lindy! Mermaids would be nice and while we rather suspected the couch was formerly owned by college students., it's reassuring to think that maybe it'll be a home to some sea creature in the future...

Tina: Nice to see you. Don't know about ravens, but the crows in our garden are literally banging on the door for handouts (see posts from a couple of days ago if you have time).  

Heather: I was thinking the same thing as Brenda (renting a holiday car).   Oh dear.  So if not Shank's Pony, then maybe a Deux Chevaux? If they still make them.  Here we have a car rental company called Rent-a-Wreck for those of slender means....  :-)

OG: Enjoy the robins. We had a baby bird (I think) yesterday - all fluffy, that sat on the very top of our fountain where the water comes out (something like a bidet for birds I imagine!) for the longest time without moving. I was in the garden chair and was getting a bit worried, but then two other birds flew down to bathe and it sort of jumped and looked around, a bit startled - I think it might have nodded off.

hallo to everyone and have a good evening.