Technical Test Thread 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20

This is a carryon on from the original  Technical Test Thread

I could only link  to the top of that thread as any attempt to link to the bottom results in the dreaded white screen. 

So this is the thread for discussing technical problems. 

• Unbeknownst to her, KAREN has introduced me to PANTONE colour references.  I'm looking for a nice colour with an easy-to-remember reference number that I can type in for all my quotes*.

Karen, you're going to have to put up with this, as if I haven't got anything better to do but the bit is now between my teeth!

KAREN

#caedca = quite discreet

KAREN

bbc4fc = ditto

Double-check that last one:

KAREN

I couldn't use bbc4fv (for BBC4 FreeView), so fc will do.  That'll be my default quote colour until whenever.

*That's another thing that Karen has introduced us to - creating quote boxes demarcated from the rest of the post.

• SCYLLA SAID

I couldn't use bbc4fv (for BBC4 FreeView), so fc will do.  That'll be my default quote colour until whenever.

*That's another thing that Karen has introduced us to - creating quote boxes demarcated from the rest of the post                                                                                                                                

While we wait patiently on a certain wonderful lady arriving I thought I would give this "Karen lesson" a try Grinning

Probably won't work for me.... 

Edit - It worked but mines is awfy big - back to the drawing board. 

Hopefully managed to make it wee-er Ha Ha 

• hmpf. not getting the hang of the colored quotes yet
     oooh: this happened by accident?!? but how? (i was editing out a quote, and Scylla's green kinda flowed over?!?)

i see you are using tables. quite hard to put any text in a cell on a ipad. looking for a simpler option....

more testing:

ratata.... (and mind, i can add (edit) text here later!)

pffft. blockquote-function leading to the above. oh well. 

trying the table with 1. cell, not worryng just typing, and..:

writing in it. now what?

but how to add or edit later? i am not getting back into that 1 cell table...  Basketball player

more testing and: in safari as opposed to pufin (on ipad all) it works ok to get into that cell and edit. #solved

At the same time: the "rich formatting tools" have been restricted in Safari it seems. No html formatting for instance (not as if that worked really well in the other browser :p ) no tables in Safari either, nor block-quoting. Hmmm... i may stay on Puffin then. And i think i will prefer the greyish block-quote field to the use of any colors. #endoftesting

2016: first time in history an Osprey nested in the NL. 2018: 2 active nests! 2019 a storm interferes. 2020: a third active nest in a tree! 

• SCYLLA said:

Unbeknownst to her, KAREN has introduced me to PANTONE colour references.  I'm looking for a nice colour with an easy-to-remember reference number that I can type in for all my quotes*.  >>>>

Brilliant Scylla - yes something easy to remember.    

There are loads of colours and should anyone else be trying out the quote box\colours and its corresponding hex code which we need to insert in the Background Colour box, then here is a Link to all the Pantone Colours/Hex Codes.    

And Mary - well done

• OK!! Back to basics. I seem to have forgotten how to 'reply' let alone the pretty colours! If I 'reply' it brings up the opening post and not the one above, which in this instance it was I am trying first.
    Then I will try the colours, but little tippy toes first!!

Edit  Ah!  So the big reply button refers to the opening post, and the smaller ones under the individual posts refers to that.  How could I have forgotten!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Scylla said

Unbeknownst to her, KAREN has introduced me to PANTONE colour references.  I'm looking for a nice colour with an easy-to-remember reference number that I can type in for all my quotes*.

Karen, you're going to have to put up with this, as if I haven't got anything better to do but the bit it now between my teeth!

KAREN

#caedca = quite discreet

KAREN

bbc4fc = ditto

Double-check that last one:

KAREN

*That's another thing that Karen has introduced us to - creating quote boxes demarcated from the rest of the post.

Hmm!! Back to the drawing board, perhaps! LOL I thought it was a pale green/blue colour

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Scylla, if you get really bored you can move onto RAL numbers!! Ian
  • IAN - I resemble that remark - Am on phablet and cannot use full stop because the cover encroaches onto it - I came to see if I'd missed a development and all if find is a challenge , if you can convince me I need (wot u sed) I'll look into it - but I've already spent 10 mins on this-------

• Scylla, "RAL Design is a colour system containing 1625 colours following the internationally recognised CIELab system", Just think what you could do with 1,625 colours to choose from and it is European (which I, for one, like). Convinced :) Ian
  • I have enough trouble making decisions  - that much choice would drive me to a nervous breakdown - full stop