Technical Test Thread 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20

This is a carryon on from the original  Technical Test Thread

I could only link  to the top of that thread as any attempt to link to the bottom results in the dreaded white screen. 

So this is the thread for discussing technical problems. 

• And another thing - I put the Photo Uploading thread in Community Upgrade so's "they" could see our struggles and it might help persuade them to be more flexible.

•  Scylla said: 

On the topic of quoting the last post: 

It can be done!   

So far I have only found one way to do it.    Instructions underneath should it be of interest to anyone.  Looks a lot but actually is quite easy and quick to do and does away with posting a dot then having to edit.          

How to do it:

Copy the text from the previous post you wish to quote

Click on Rich Formatting to post

Click on Table

Then click on the first option - Table and then on 1 x 1 

A table cell will appear within the reply box

The cursor will be flashing within the table  (hit the return key and space bar to expand it that you can see and enter text)

Type "name of person you are quoting followed by "said"   ie    Karen said:

Then under that, press Ctrl & V to paste the text you have copied and wish to quote

Then right click on the cell and select the first option cell\cell properties

Click on the advanced Tab

Then click on the faint box to the right of the third option "Background Colour"

Select a colour of your choice (tip - keep the colour light as you do not wish to cover the text)

Click OK and OK again

Ta rah :-))))))

• Mmmm sounds mega complicated Karen, but if it works for you, go girl!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Unknown said:
    I forgotten what LA stands for. Loch what ? Please

Loch Arkaig, Cirrus. (& LOTL: Loch ofThe Lowes)

Sorry I should never assume!

H

_ Thanks Mary!

• Karen W said:
    It can be done! 

Brilliant, KAREN! 

This is not an excuse - but I simply don't have time to delve, it's why I'm not au fait with phones/tablets - if I'd had my phablet when I had that week-long internet outage I'd have had to learn how to use it, but any other time it would be taking time away from never-ending cam and PC tech problems.

YT REFRESH PROBLEM

It wasn't YT, it was a new, uncalled-for performance by Firefox.  No time to delve into that either, I've simply changed browser and all is well.

• Brilliant Birdie.  And yes you are right, you can change font, size - whatever :-)     

• Can anyone tell me how to jump To the top of the page on an iPad please. At home on the desktop I can press ' HOME ' but on this I seem to have to scroll back up which is a pain!
  • Karen said

It can be done!   

Not sure if this will work, took me an awful long time, probably get faster when you don't need to read the instructions.

Thanks Karen.

• Trial using Ipad - one of Darrens photos. .   

EDIT - You cracked it Catlady by mentioning using the Puffin browser.....    nothing works using the Safari browser, but using the Puffin one gets the usual screen as when I am using my PC.....   a big Thank You from me...

• Mike B said:
    Can anyone tell me how to jump To the top of the page on an iPad please. At home on the desktop I can press ' HOME ' but on this I seem to have to scroll back up which is a pain!

If you're in Safari, try tapping on the very top of the screen (the status bar where the time is displayed). I don't have an iPad but it works on my iPhone.