Osprey Chat Thread January 2014

Chat continuing from here

So 2014 has arrived and the new osprey season now starts the month after next. Or does it? The ospreys at Sanibel are already starting to nest and the wonders of the internet allow us to follow their fortunes.

Then there is more than one expedition of people going out to west Africa to watch the ospreys in their winter quarters and forge links with the people out there. The Rutland team are off  next Tuesday to continue their ongoing work out there. I see that Roy Dennis is going too. There are some other people going out in February.  Thus before we know it , March will have arrived and speculation on when EJ will arrive will have begun.

So what excitement will 2014 bring? Well if it is anything like 2013 then it will be amazing.

Well my big hope for 2014 is that Caledonia makes it back to Scotland and after nearly 11 years of watching I will have seen a Loch Garten bred chick definitely return. Of course one hopes that Blue YD makes it too. 

Of course there will be a lot of pleasure and a lot of pain. But then what osprey season does not have that?