Hello Everyone

Hi,

Just joined your group and need a bit of info. I visited Langford in the summer and walked around the site after parking by the river. Is it possible to park in the Tarmac car park and walk around the usual paths? I know there are some restrictions because of the working areas.

Thanks

Jim

• Hi Jim,

Welcome to the group!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to park in the Tarmac carpark at the moment for access to Langford. As the site is still very much a working quarry we can't let people on site for obvious health and safety reasons.

However, there is a public footpath that runs the whole way around the site which gives a really good coverage of the site for bird and wildlife watching, as well as great views of the river. Most people who use the path to walk around the site park on Cottage Lane.

This is located off the A1133 just south of Collingham. If coming from Collingham, Cottage Lane is the small right hand turn just before the level crossing. Turn down there and drive for approx. 500 yards and you will see a metal gate on a sharp right hand bend. There is space for 1-2 cars to park in the layby next to the gate. Please don't block the gate though as access is needed.

Just to let you know, we are developing carpark facilities on site next year, so watch this space!

We can send you a copy of our newsletter, published twice a year, to keep you up to date with developments on site. If you would like a copy please drop me a line on jennifer.wallace@rspb.org.uk

Hope this helps,

Many thanks,

Jenny Wallace

Assistant Warden, Langford Lowfields