Spring has Arrived

Taken from Blashford Lakes forum just for information:

It’s official, Spring is here! Well at least the first sand martin has arrived. I was scanning, unsuccessfully for the black-necked grebes, when there it was, my first sand martin of the year flitting about over the water. I searched around for more but there was no sign, perhaps one swallow does not make a summer, but maybe one sand martin at least indicates spring.

Keep your eyes peeled at Arne,hoping to be back down the weekend..

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• Taken from the Durlston Daily Diary-Just for info:

A glorious spring morning up here at the Park with bright sunshine and pleasantly warm for the time of year.

The birds are enjoying the weather too with the air full of birdsong. Those noted today include Stonechat, Yellowhammer, Skylark, Song Thrush, Dunnock and Robin. The sound of a Chiffchaff calling its own name could be heard as could the chattering of a group of Long-tailed Tits around the car parks.

Sitting up in an Ash tree were a group of Greenfinch, their yellow wing bars showing up well in the morning sunshine.

A few migrants moving about overhead with Meadow Pipit, Pied Wagtail, Linnet, Chaffinch, Siskin and Goldfinch all noted.

If they are arriving at Durlston then Arne could be next..Keeps your eyes peeled..:-)

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• Photographed 2 butterflies today.."Spring has definitely Sprung"..:-)

• Another butterfly at Arne today and 1 at Higher Hyde Heath..spring is here..:-)