Photographic Competition

Dont forget 3 categories in the Photographic Competition 1.People,2.Landscapes,3 Wildlife..cmon you budding photogrpahers get some photographs on the website..tag them "Picture Arne"+category..

The weather is getting better so get out with your cameras and support this great competition setup by the hard working VC staff..judged by Mr(smoothie)Peckham again this year..also 22Feb BBC 2  Winterwatch is on tv..:-)

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• Well I popped down to Arne today and bumped  OlivierM in the car park,we decided to look for firecrests again for the photographic competition..no luck so while OlivierM was eating his lunch and I was sipping a hot coffee, I was shown a photograph of myself..it didnt really look like me as it was a bit dark like a silhouette...nice to meet you Pudweena+Mr Pudweena..surprised you recognised me..:-)...Nice to chat with you both and also good to see the firecrests just before I left..I am sure OlivierM will put a few good photographs on here soon..mine didnt come out to good... :-(..but my team won the footy so I can at least be happy about that..:-)

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• Really nice to meet you at last Pete, I knew I recognised that silhouette! and without any weaponry whatsoever.  Nice to meet Olivier too.

Enjoyable time at Arne, as always, many Raft Spiders out today, 4xSpoonbills, Goldcrests, Siskin in car park and a real treat seeing the Firecrest again before needing to leave early.

One GREAT piece of news - seeing BOTH adult Barn Owls in the nest box and being told they were seen mating yesterday - brilliant news:-))

• Hi guys, i continue this thread because I have questions: the young guy working at Arne's car park (not Mickael the other I don't know the name) said to me that for the competition we are limited to only 3 photographs? I haven't read any of that in the Rules. Also is there an obligation to add a specific tag to distinguish the photos designated to the competition and the ones who are not?

I thought Chris would choose the pictures in the Arne's photo section, among the hundreds of them. Anyone to clarify please? Thank you

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 24/03/2012 04:08 in reply to OlivierM

Hi Olivier, there is no restriction on the amount of photos you can enter but obviously it is good if people enter their best ones. Yes it is important that the pictures are tagged as 'picture arne' a long with the catergory. If they are not tagged then unfortunately they won't be entered. We then take all of these from the photo forum and they will be judged from there. It is important to distinguish the pictures that people want to be entered. People do post quiet a few pics of things they have seen and want to show but dont want to enter. This makes the job of judging a little bit easier and remember Chris Packham is a busy man!

Sorry for any confusion and I hope this helps.

Click here for the rules http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/a/arne/photocompetition.aspx

• Hi Olivier. I think we discussed limiting entries on the blog / forum briefly and some people agreed that it would be a very good idea, but that it was too late to change the rules for this year. However, always best to edit your entries heavily I suggest - not least because Chris Packham's time must be at a premium! :-)

• Thank you Dom for your clear answer. I also think it would be a good idea and not only for the reason you mention ;-)

• Ok Michael thanks for that, I will then edit my tags just to be sure.

• any news about results somewhere?

• be ages yet Olivier..:-)

PS..you wont win anyways..:-))

• Does anyone know when the results will be announced ?