My Arne 2011 'Ticks' & Happy New Year to All

What a brilliant year it's been for birding/wildlife/learning and most knowledge gathered at Arne, am so lucky to live so near, and these are my 'firsts':

Great Grey Shrike, Tawny Owl,  Barn Owl, Hobby, Redstart, Osprey, Brambling, Firecrest - maybe a couple more but not verified or photo proof so can't count! Raft Spider, Wasp Spider.

Then, in other places other than Arne - Cirl Bunting, Bearded Tit, Kingfisher, Bar Headed Geese, Barnacle Goose and Solitary Sandpiper.

It's been fantastic and have really enjoyed joining the Community and seeing everyone's amazing photos and meeting some really nice people along the way too.

Happy New Year to Everyone

• The important thing is to get them off with proper tool then swab place with meths or spirit or something to disinfect that spot then without worrying too much just remember if you get ill in the period after having one on you to make sure you have not got what I think is called Lymes disease that ticks in some areas carry and infect people while gorging on that persons blood.Hope my facts are right and do not worry people as it is all very rare even getting ticks on you is not very likely if wearing trousers,we always found children rolling around on longer grass etc were the most likely candidates to get them on their skin.