Day trip

With around 200 community members on the website of Arne I was thinking perhaps the staff..(Paul,Rob or Michael) could arrange a community members trip to another RSPB site or a trip to Brownsea Island before the boats stop running in October..Members would have to pay the full price upfront if say the trip was to Brownsea Island..just a thought to see if any members would be interested....would also let everyone put a face to a name..how many members have met Dom?..we all comment on his lovely photos of Kestrels,Hobbies,barn Owls and now Glow Worms...Luckily I have met Dom and hes a really nice chap...:-) If it was a trip to another RSPB Site perhaps the RSPB have a mini bus and the members going would pay a small fee ...so lets see what members and staff think about my idea..if you thinks its not a good idea then just say so I am a really nice chap also and will not be offended..:-)

Nikon4pete..Peter

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• I think that's a really good idea, Pete, though putting it altogether might be a bit tricky and maybe our great team might think they have enough to do already? Would need to be a weekend for work people and after main holiday times, I am away the last 2 weeks in September but October or later I would have thought a lot of people would be free and yes it would be nice to put some faces to names - has it occurred to you that Dom might not want to meet any of us though?!  I would certainly be happy to pay whatever a day out would cost but it would be nice to have partners along as well if they wish to come which would also add extra financial contributions - it's very much a team effort with us but only I signed up as didn't both need to do so as I'm the one who doesn't stop talking - just ask Michael, or Rob, or Paul, or Sooty!!! I can be quiet though, I promise. Bet you don't think this is such a good idea now, do you?! Seriously though, it's nice to meet up with likeminded people and I think a get together on an RSPB trip would be nice.  Do you think the Barn Owls might be gone by then?

• Really interesting idea even if like a waders waddle with Paul or Rob and members at Arne,just think very difficult to arrange.  

• Great idea..... and Dom could give us all photography tips!

A bird doesn't sing because it has answers. It sings because it has a song.

• Hey - I charge for celebrity guest appearances folks! ;-)

• no interest from our local team so I guess its a non starter..

Capturing the Light with an original perspective displayed in every Photograph..perhaps

• P'raps we should just organise something ourselves, a get-together day around Arne or something for that those that wish to and we could sit outside the hut and give each other tips on how to use the coffee machine!:-)Take packed lunch and meet people along the way that want to.  Would we have to use real names?

• I think we'd need name badges either way.