• Go get your adventure boots on!

When i was a young girl, my summer holidays were longed for. We would dream about those hot summer days in the depths of winter and when they finally came round, the freedom was overwhelming. No school for 6 weeks! Only now that i’m an adult does it dawn on me how tough summer holidays can be for parents. Juggling your annual leave, asking favours from relatives, and what on earth do you do when it’s raining?!…

• From our gardens to our farms - Giving nature a Home in the East

With 70% of the UK farmed, farmland is of pivotal importance for our wildlife and we need wildlife friendly farmers to give nature a home, Nicholas tells us how he runs a successful farm business whilst providing important habitats for birds, insects and flowers.

As I sat down with my wife, Anne, for supper last Saturday, I realised what a special day I’d had. I had been out checking Tree Sparrow nest boxes with my…

• Ramblings of a Natural Family Man

Blogger: Adam Murray, Communications Officer (Marketing & Brand)

This is a little view into my world, it is my own personal experience of my natural family man's way of life. It may not be the norm but may resonate with some of you. If it does then please forward this on to your friends. Thanks and enjoy relaxing days.

The Natural Family Man

i-phone in hand

his and hers converse trainers

fat face gilet…

• A little imagination...

Blogger - Erica Howe

It’s amazing what you can do with a little imagination. We’ve been asking you all to help us give nature a home this summer and you have told us some wonderful stories including this one from my colleague Rich. He is a pretty inspiring chap if i do say so myself. He has the pleasure of working on one of the RSPB newest nature reserves, Sutton Fen. Sutton Fen is buzzing - literally. The meadows are…

• The magical world of the marshes

Blogger: Gena Correale-Wardle, Senior Community Fundraiser

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a wonderful time camping on the coast. The weather was sunshine and showers with enough wind to make us feel like our little tent might spiral off into the sky and end up in the Land of Oz. It was a weekend with a little bit of magic in the air, a feeling of anything being possible.

This was never so true as our walk on…

• Step up and help nature... volunteer for the RSPB

Since I was 15 years old I have been a volunteer – you name it, I've done it (almost). From helping toads cross the road, assisting Guide Dog training, to health-checking cattle, I have spent much of the last 4 years helping animals as a volunteer. Although sometimes hard work, dirty and smelly, there is something I love about volunteering.

With the prospect of a very empty looking 4 month summer break, emailing…

• The Tea Party.

Blogger - Agnes Rothon

The tea party I went to last week was one of the most civilized affairs I have been to for a long time (how often does the parent of a young child get to sit and chat and flick through wildflower books?). Even better, it also managed to feel wonderfully like stepping back to wilder times. As we arrived, a flock of tousled children were chasing each other through waist-high grass from which ox-eye…

• One good deed ...

Life is full of small, good deeds. I’m a firm believer that it’s the small things that genuinely make a big difference; A smile to a stranger. A cup of tea for your best friend. A packed lunch for your loved one. It’s these little details that might just turn your mundane Monday morning into a much brighter one.  But they often get overlooked, underestimated. Every single day offers a new opportunity…