Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

My woodland home

I'm new here so thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself and let you see some of my wild visitors.

I live in an old cottage in a wood on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds. I've lived here all my life (since I was 10 months old) and I'm now in my 70's. I have a lot of regular visitors of furred and feathered kind and many I have got to know very well, they are old friends. So here's a few snaps of my wild buddies.

• Hello Dee, welcome from me up in Caithness, at the very top of Scotland. A lovely set of photos you have there, I love the young deer with the leaf in it's mouth, the elongated rabbit/hare and Mr and Mrs Pheasant. We are a joylly bunch, a bit mad a times. Hope you enjoy here, always someone at hand to help out.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hiya. You are lucky to live up there. Always fancied a trip to Scotland but never made it. Unlikely I ever will now as I'm suffering from PTLDS and its showing no sign of disappearing. But, as the photos show I have plenty of entertainment.
    And thank you for the "Welcome". Hope I can prove a useful member of the group.
  • Welcome from me much lower down than CL in the Central Belt of Scotland...who needs to travel when the wildlife comes to you ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda, Hi. Yes, plenty of wildlife visiting me. Living alone I make little noise which is a big plus when attracting wildies.
    And have you ever encountered a broad Lincolnshire accent/dialect?