Nature on Your Doorstep Community

A place to learn, share and inspire others to create a haven for you and for wildlife.

Sign In or Register to join the conversation

More from our garden:

Good afternoon, all!  The weather is rather hit and miss but the birds keep coming.

A lovely young blackbird:

One of our crows chilling out on a neighbouring house:

We're definitely seeing more goldfinches lately, I'm very happy to say:

I was delighted to see this beautiful greenfinch - we don't see many of these:

A slight case of Small, Medium and Large:

The wood pigeon heads for the bird table...........

.........while the blackbird decides to feed at the ground feeder:

On closer inspection I think this might be a young greenfinch:

Last, but certainly not least, is our young magpie:

Enjoy, as always.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lovely, Clare.  We have lost our goldfinches now, I suspect they find enough to eat in the nearby fields and woods, but they come to us in winter. Saw a nuthatch this morning on our seeds, though!! Great! :-)

• You're so lucky - we've never seen a nuthatch here.

I forgot to mention that as I was putting washing out this morning a beautiful coal tit landed on the washing line only a foot away from me!  I've never been so close to one.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning Clare, another lovely selection from your garden. It's nice to see your finches; they're few and far between in my garden at the moment.

Paul

My bird photos HERE

• Here are a few more:

Goldfinches are among our most beautifully coloured birds:

Two cheeky sparrows: