Who are your regulars? - 2010 so far for Wildlife Enquiries...

If you haven't found this already this thread (on the forums pages) is great rehersal for the BGBW 2010!

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/forums/p/7652/64874.aspx#64874 

Here at the Lodge we've been keeping our list up to date of regulars outside the Wildlife Enquiries window. so far this year we have recorded 27 different species (22/01/10).

Blackbirds, redwing, fieldfare, robin, blue tit, coal tit, great tit, LT tit, chaffinch, greenfinch, goldfinch, siskin, l.redpoll, dunnock, c. crow, magpie, jackdaw, g.s. woodpecker, nuthatch, wood pigeon, stock dove, buzzard, kestrel, sparrowhawk, moorhen, woodcock and black headed gull.

Still waiting for a brambling though! - where are they? There was even confirmed sightings of firecrest in the gardens, now that would be a good tick from the window!

• So far this year my garden has been visited by: Robin, dunnock, starlings, house sparrows, wren, blue tit, great tits, blackbirds, redwings, woodpigeons, feral pigeons, collared doves, magpies, jays, bullfinch, greenfinch, green woodpecker, heron, sparrowhawk and either a blackcap or marsh tit.

some are regular daily visitors others came in because of the snowy conditions.

jonnyt2383

• So far 2010;

Blue tit, great tit, house sparrow, robin, greenfinch, starling, chaffinch, dunnock, wren, magpie, jackdaw, collared dove, wood pigeon, blackbird, song thrush, redwing, carrion crow, long tailed tits......

Also for the first time, goldfinch, now a regular!!

and causing much excitement during the snow....a meadow pipet!!! 

That's 20, more than I thought!

An egret changed my life!

• A  male Blackbird has started to bring a female with him when he visits our garden. The sparrows are now regular, as are several starlings. Our goldfinches seem to have moved on. A robin still comes occasionally, and a wren.

" Look at the birds of the air: they do not sow or reap... and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them" (Matt 5: 26), and we can do our bit!

• My usual visitors consist of blackbirds dunnocks blue tits great tits coal tits starlings

wood pigeons house sparrows and a robin ,

recently they have been joined by a mistle thrush and a pair of chaffinches .

Birds are brill

• So far in 2010

So far i've seen blue tits,coal tits, great tits, long tailed tits, siskins, goldfinches, greenfinches, chaffinches, robins, dunnocks, blackbirds, a wren, starlings.

I think the RSPB is the best thing in the world, except BIRDS!

• We were in on saturday and did our birdwatch between 1-2pm. Results from the office window were:

Great tit 7, Blue tit 10, Great spotted woodpecker 1, Green Woody 1, Siskin 1, Lesser redpoll(!!) 3, Blackbirds 18 - they appeared like a grazing heard!, Chaffinch 7, Redwing (soo many this winter) 6 and the resident Jackdaws from the main house 5..  So 10 species in all. I'm amazed we didn't have any Long-tailed tits!? they've been here everyday in recent weeks..

Looking forward to "Make your Nature Count" already! 

Lloyd

• Hi!  My regulars in my garden in Jan  are:

The robin, two song thrushes, two magpies, a dunock, and many blue and Great tits.

I'll keep on looking for new birds.

:-)   xx

• Unknown said:
    Lesser redpoll(!!) 3,

I had 3 lesser redpolls at my feeding station the other day, but sadly not on count weekend!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Unknown said:
    Blackbirds, redwing, fieldfare, robin, blue tit, coal tit, great tit, LT tit, chaffinch, greenfinch, goldfinch, siskin, l.redpoll, dunnock, c. crow, magpie, jackdaw, g.s. woodpecker, nuthatch, wood pigeon, stock dove, buzzard, kestrel, sparrowhawk, moorhen, woodcock and black headed gull.

Hi LloydScott

I haven't seen: fieldfare, siskin (saw this last year), l.redpoll, jackdaw, stock dove, moorhen, woodcock and black headed gull, but I can add song thrush, blackcaps (m&f), jay, collared dove and starlings oh and more starlings!

Apart from buzzard and kestrel these sightings are in my garden. I have only seen buzzards, kestrel and red kites overhead, but they are well worth seeing wherever I can spot them.

Sorry I can't help with bramblings either.

Best wishes Chris

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos

• Regulars for us in the East Midlands are:

Robin, Blackbirds, Chaffinches, Sparrows, Wren, Wood Pigeon, Dunnock, Starlings, Collar Dove (recent addition, Grey Wagtail, Greenfinch, Magpie, Bullfinch, Great Tits, Blue Tits, Coal Tits and Long Tailed Tits.

In the area rather than the garden!  Buzzards, Red Kites, Herons