Starlings

It's so ironic and funny doing the garden birdwatch as far as these little guys are concerned!  After 4 years just one of the thousands that fly around the house and fields has finally found our 'restaurant'!  He doesn't appear to have told his mates yet though thank goodness!  I can therefore only submit the one visitor, but stroll up the lane every evening or even during the day and there are literally thousands of them 'talking to each other' in the trees - until there is a sudden silence and off they fly, then you only hear the beating of their wings. Nowhere near as many as at Gretna just some 11 miles away, but 'our' lads and lassies are just as spectacular!!!  Love the sight! 

I really wanted to show you one of my own little videos of the Starlings near Gretna back in 2009, but this system doesn't appear to let me get it from my computer - just youtube and the site.  I'm sad about that :-(

All the best, Fly in Cumbria

Thanks everyone!  I know nothing about YouTube apart from I watch things on there that others have suggested!  Do you need to join up to post your videos? Do you send them by email or I would assume, you upload them from YouTube. Bear with me if this takes a bit of time!!  I'm struggling to find my way around this site as yet...have received over 150 emails from the garden watch and am on here now trying to stop that!!  :-o