big Garden Birdwatch -

I prepared myself to sit for a hour to count the birds! My garden has been full of many different birds especially with the snow on the ground.

Pen and printed sheet to hand. what a let down the tits, blue,great, long tailed, coal or the wag tail did not show!

One lone starling at the feeder where normally there are at least five,

The same for the magpies, jackdaws, finches and bull finches not even the rat who has been stealing food.

The green wood pecker did not grace me with his presence. I was grateful for the appearance of the lone jay and pheasent who visited my

normally clapham junction of a garden the word must of gone out that I was watching them with pen and paper in hand - Kate

• It was the opposite for me my garden was alive with birds I managed to record 18 differant bird species including 5 Redpoles 2 Bramblings 1 Sparrowhawk and a heron.

I feed the bird at the bottom of my garden which backs on to a river and then open farm land. the one thing that I have noticed was the lack of Green finches I only saw 1  it seems that disease( don't know what its called ) has taken it toll on them

david williams

• I also sat with my downloaded chart, the bird table freshly replenished with food, peanut and fat ball feeder full.

In the entire hour (10 - 11am on Sunday) I did not see a single bird of any description.  Even the rooks that normally descend onto the table as soon as I put food out didn't make an appearance.

Ian

• Very poor show this year.... 5 House Sparrows and 1 Black Bird.....I blame the weather! - This morning was bright and sunny and all my regulars were back out again. Only the hardcore were out yesterday it was so grey. :-(

Want to Volunteer? Ask me!