Wood mouse and friends

A few photos from yesterday including a new sighting, this lovely wood mouse in the far corner stumpery area.      Although I put the WM on the mammals thread here are some more photos I took ..............

The two beaky (overgrown mandibles)  blue tits appear to have paired up which I am slightly concerned about if they have genetic defects causing the overgrowth.    

and beaky blue tit (guessing it is female) showing submissive stance to what I assume is a male more dominant blue tit 

beaky lay flat on the ground in more defensive mode although both birds were posturing

Then there's the ever amusing characters of the Nuthatches  ......      mealworm down the "hatch" again   lol

this is the male .....

Oh, it's obviously been a long day watching his Mrs build the nest      lol  

talking of which ..................here's the lady in question ..............

and the male again .............    or is it one of the pair from across the road ??    it's getting more confusing by the day  lol

and one of the many robins surrounded by plum blossom and ........ are they midges ?   !!

nestlings to feed - a different robin  !

• Some lovely shots there Hazel, particularly of the mouse.

• Never ever seen a beak on a bluetit like that. Great pics. Only B.T. oddity i've seen was a bluetit, literally the size of a tennis ball (which i thought it was)in a bush.

• Great shots of the little Wood Mouse. Don't you just love their little black button eyes. The other shots aren't half bad either.

I do feel sorry for that poor little Blue Tit. If it is a female I hope the male will feed her.

• thanks all,  the wood mouse was really lovely to see around the stumpery area we created and a good place for it to hide from the buzzards that circle overhead !    They do have wonderful bright round eyes and those huge ears.   It's probably sheltering at the moment as its chucking it down right now !!

Thankfully the BT's with overgrown mandibles seem pretty good at feeding themselves at the moment but obviously it will be much harder if they have chicks to feed and although I have just upped the order of live mealies to kilo per week, it will be a miracle if they can raise a successful brood as it takes them longer to pick up the worms.