So What Posters Are Missing in Action?

It is the beginning of the osprey season and as always some posters are still missing in action.

What posters are missing that you particularly enjoy hearing from?

One of my favs is Robert The Bruce.

• Hi everyone:-))

I have finally found time to pop in. On catching up eventually, I was surprised ( and touched) to see that some had missed me, so thank you to those who were thinking of me:-) I will try to reply to messages in a bit, but keep getting knocked off the page grrr.

ELLIELOO I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, so sudden, and am thinking of you xx

Nothing drastic has happened here, but since the ferret incident I got so behind with everything it took ages to catch up, and along with the good weather and work, I had to make a decision to stay offline, and attend to things.  At the moment the wildlife area of my garden is taking quite a bit of attention, but all in a good cause. And I've had some positive feedback - it was described as a 'disgrace', which is good enough for me - completely wild lol. But I do have to maintain it from time to time and am in the process of preparing the ground for a new tree (crab apple) and a bat attracting bush (sarcococcus - 'Christmas box'.

I hope to return properly in the new season, and will see how long I can last this time around lol.

For those who followed the ferret tale, Dunkie (Lucy) survived and is now considerably bigger and healthy. We can have a chuckle together now when I tell you I had to sleep with her in a pouch tied at the wrist for appx 3 weeks. Baby ferrets (she was only 5 weeks old and about a fortnight behind in development) are totally blind. But that doesn't stop them stumbling around and getting into trouble lol. For about a fortnight I had to feed her 2-3 hourly through the night, with a syringe. One night I awoke with a sharp pain in my finger - she had started teething! And of course the pouch was tied at the wrist! lol. To cut a long story short she was reunited with her mother a few weeks later and is doing absolutely fine, so all's well that ends well.

I should just mention another chuckle we can have. A few months ago I answered a post that was, imo, arrogant and insensitive. Little did I know that It was my own son! He was posting in the lounge and I was answering him in the kitchen lol. When he told me, after the shock and anger had worn off lol I explained why his post had caused offense, having been hastily typed without much forthought of sensitivity. I really did think this was a troll. Anyway, I see he has been back, of his own volition, in an attempt to redeem himself so a thank you to Lindy and Tiger who replied. His backside is no longer red - lol, not really, but his post was a tad exaggerated, as I have been offline for ages and don't bother with Dyfi chat/twitter/facebook due to time limits, so in my defense I only spend appx 6 hours a day, 3 days or so a week, languishing in ospreys ( with a quick look in on other cams worldwide). But to a 13 year old, I guess it does seem like 24/7!

I'm going to anwer messages now. Hope you are all well and do miss sharing the ospreys etc together, but am so delighted that the boys, and Caledonia of course, are doing well - fingers crossed it stays that way.

Tongue in cheek, I would like to matchmake Caledonia (who we may get to see safely home next year, lets hope!) with Dai Dots, a cheeky favorite of mine - and I hope he will be able to settle down also next year with his own nest.

Take care all and thanks for thinking of me x

• Mims!  It's so wonderful to see you!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Welcome back Mims, we have missed you! I love your ferret story, brilliant! OH and I thought of getting a couple of ferrets to sort out rabbit problem! We thought of the time commitment and decided against I love them! Our rabbits worryingly all seem to have disappeared! I never thought id say that!

• Well, I'm delighted to see Mims - so that leaves Moffer, PatriciaT, Trish2......blimey, who else is there?  I'm assuming the excellent Black Jaguar is OK but busy.  I'm very happy that Moffer has been seen on Facebook but as I'm not on Facebook and I don't know her name that's a bit of a non-starter in terms of my attempting to contact her.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• So pleased to see you Mims.   Your son did not cause offence because I guessed it was someone who did not normally post on "our" pages, and who was perhaps a little young to understand all our obssession!

• I'm sure there are more people out there I've missed but for the time being I'm going to name Rachel and Lindyloo - I can't remember the last time I saw either of you post and I hope you're both well.  Also missing Heron77.

• Heron is still posting on Facebook (when I get time to look in on there, that is).  I don't think he's got time to post on these forums too. :-)

• I'm pleased he's posting somewhere as it (hopefully) means he's OK.

• Before I forget......where is Birdsong?  I hope she's all right.