March is #GiveToGola Month!

Hi guys,

This March RSPB Cymru has partnered with Size of Wales to raise urgently needed donations for our work in the Gola Rainforest in Sierra Leone. Situated at the Western tip of Africa, Sierra Leone is one of the world’s poorest countries and is still recovering from a brutal 10 year civil war that badly damaged the country’s wildlife and landscapes. Now that peace has returned to the region the RSPB has established a presence there to help protect and conserve the rainforest for future generations.

All month I'll be focussing on hitting our £10,000 target - our partners Size of Wales are match funding us meaning every donation we get is instantly doubled! I'd love for you all to follow our journey - I'll be blogging on Mondays so you can follow all the behind the scenes action and our hijinks out and about. Check out posts by our volunteer Laurence Shanahan for stories about the Gola Rainforest.

For more info on our work in the Gola Rainforest ask me or follow this link to Size of Wales.

Today Lucy our Senior Community Fundraiser here at Wales HQ made a Pygmy bank to put our spare change in for the #GiveToGola appeal. We've called him Cedric!

Make your very own "Pygmy Bank"! here.

Find out more about Pygmy Hippos here