The RSPB: Stepping up for Nature

Anonymous
Anonymous

This thread contains comments on the following page from our website: The RSPB: Stepping up for Nature.

• I have just planted some seeds so bring on summer

• Just got my next door neighbour to signup up to the Wake up George Osborne Campaign!

• I work as a trucker and our yard has piles of  waste wood, so i reclaimed a few large bits of ply wood and built a sparrow nest box and even managed to sqeeuze a wee camera inside.

• The 229th Cramond Guides have been given RSPB seeds to sow in their garden to attract bees and butterflies and include the plants in a photography competition on the topic of The Natural World.

• I have just sent a small amount to help buy a wild life reserve in the Loch Lomond area of Scotland.I feed my various garden birds everyday and they now come to my door when I go out and whistle, especially the blackbirds who come up to the step for their suet pellets and yesterday they thanked me by feeding their young in front of me - superb feeling for me.

JCFoster
  • We have just sown a wildflower meadow at a local school. Well the children did it for us :)

tea,milkandnosugar

• Glad DEFRA has come to it's senses and dropped their plan to kill Buzzards!!! Love the bird.

• I have just signed the petitions for the protection of sea birds & Buzzards, Ialso feed the birds in my garden on a daily basis.

• Yes "Ant", the Buzzard is safe for now, or is it, I suspect the Pheasant Association along with the Grouse shooters will continue their efforts to annihilate our birds of prey regardless...unfortunately they regard themselves above the Law and seem to be able to do as they please, all in the name of income of course...Be observant and on your guard my friends, time is running out for many of our natural species.

• I feed the birds every day (we put up 2 x nesting boxes last year) and am begining to get more and more different species (its like the word is out there!).  I have also just bought my husband a squirral feeder to put up in the garden (to stop the many grey squirrals we have from keep pinching the coconuts and sunflower seeds)!  We have at least 1 male and 1 female hedgehog living in the garden and occasionally see frogs and toads and the odd dragonfly (from a neighbours pond).  We also have bats living somewhere at the back of the garden and various fox families in and around the area which we often glimpse at dusk (my dad reckons we see more wildlife here in East London than he does at home in deepest Kent)!! My greatest achievement so far is getting my husband interested in watching the birds feeding (so that now he really enjoying seeing them and also recognising which species they are!!).