The RSPB: Stepping up for Nature

Anonymous
Anonymous

This thread contains comments on the following page from our website: The RSPB: Stepping up for Nature.

• I am talking with, and hopefully persuading my council in Rochdale to leave grassy areas to grow and to plant wild flowers wherever possible instead of mowing everything in sight. I am also constructing a letter aimed at our Prime Minister with a view to future buildings of houses/factories etc. being built with green roofing/bird boxes/hedgerows instead of wooden fencing, under house grey water reserves and energy saving solar panels e†c. Hey!! the technology is is now out there.

• For me its people replacing the guttering and facia boards and sealing up there roofs leaving no holes for the birds to use. I have approached various companies doing this work and suggested they offer to fit free nesting boxes, great idea they say but thats as far as it gets. Also the countryside now looks like a park with very few untended spots for creatures to hide, feed ect. The hedgerows are cut to low and the set aside is abused, here one year and gone the next. I could go on but i do feel that its almost to late for our wildlife.

• Constantly top up feeders,1/2ml from c'side,variety of birds visit garden, + insects for flowers and bee-attractive plants I can grow in small garden. Saw big dragonfly basking by pond y'day brown.

• Eight house sparrows crammed into bird bath yesterday! Didn't have camera handy ooooh. Couldn't believe a blue tit investigating a nest box.  And I've never seen so many butterflies on my Buddleia.  A sheer joy!