The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• I took these on a beautifully sunny afternoon at Felixstowe Ferry last Friday:

The Felixstowe coast has at least three Martello towers - aren't they great?

The river Deben meets the sea here.

Incoming:

And outgoing:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• A lot more than Limpy's, I imagine!  Ironically he used to work for China Shipping.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare I love your photos, especially the ship.  It embodies the mystery of the ocean:  Where has it been? where is it going?  what strange foreign lands and peoples has it seen?  what has it encountered along the way? how many sunsets?  How high the waves? What other ships did it pass or encounter in busy ports?  What exotic goods is it bringing in and what ordinary everyday items is it taking away? Will they think our everyday stuff is exotic?

I don't want answers, I just enjoy the mystery!!

Reading your post above, looks like Limpy could give me some answers.

• Just love looking at pictures of the sea,maybe it is because here in N.Yorkshire we are pretty far away from either coast and get withdrawal symptoms,keep the photos coming.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• This latest one is looking southwards from the clifftop car park next to the golf club:

They've clearly done a very good job on Felixstowe's sea defences - thankfully.

• Just found this thread (sorry) so here's a one from earlier in the year during very high winds.Had a job holding the camera steady Lol

that was about the biggestbut caught a few covering the lighthouse.

Terry

cheers  Terry

my photo's here

• I bet you did!  It's a great photo, wind or no wind.

• Thanks Clare, never been to felixstowe,thought your photo' was of lots of row boats 'till I noticed the person on the prom Duhh.Like the way you've packed all the defences together.

Terry

cheers  Terry

my photo's here

• LOL!

• I took these from the beach at Minsmere this afternoon:

Up the coast towards Southwold.

Down the coast towards Sizewell.