The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• Hope the docs manage to fix you up Robbo - make sure you get some fresh sea air to help speed the recovery. Take care, Claire.

• Take care Robbo.Hope everythings goes well.I am off to Southport Sunday, so hope to read great news when i get back.Thankyou for a fab uplifting thread :0)

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Been ultra busy at work - resting this afternoon and catching up! Wow amazing pictures all through this thread and great chatter too! I live 5 mins from the sea on the East Sussex coast and my work involves a lot of driving up and down the seafront - the sea keeps me sane! A lot of flats I work in have sea views - so I often find my eyes wandering! Time I took the camera to work! We do have (what hubbie calls- a sea glimpse form our flat and the skies are tremendous! I'll have a dabble at posting some - watch this space!

Oh, did also live for 7 years on the North East Scottish coast - now that was amazing!

Hope all went well Robbo with your theatre performance!

Poetry helped me emerge from my Chrysalis - but my wings are still drying - so much more to learn.
    www.janscreativewriting.co.uk  updated - with endangered animals category & new animal/birds illustrated poetry book!

• As a poet I find the sea so inspiring - this one was formed on the back of a motorbike coming up to midnight on such a stormy night along Hastings seafront.

The Sea; is a cauldron

Out of the turbulent blackness

Surges forth molten grey steel

Spewing out its anger

Upon the darkened shore.

The midnight sea is raging

Fueled by a gale force wind

The rain it is a lashing down

Depression; it descends.

Poetry helped me emerge from my Chrysalis - but my wings are still drying - so much more to learn.
    www.janscreativewriting.co.uk  updated - with endangered animals category & new animal/birds illustrated poetry book!

• This one on an evening looking out to sea on the Gower coast - other sea poems will be posted in Poetry Corner

Waves of Emotion

The sea appears ghostlike

From under the blanket of mist

Its waves gently rising

Gently falling, until…

It stealthily reaches the shore

Encroaching; Encompassing;

Possessing all within its grasp

Until… At the turn of the tide

It leaves as ghostly and

As gently as it came.

The sea rages forth

Beneath the stormy clouds

Its waves violently crashing

Violently pounding, until…

It throws itself on to the shore

Forcefully; Fiercely;

Powerful in its intent

Until…  At the turn of the tide

Against its will, it retreats

Its mighty force spent.

The sea mirrors the blue sky

In the reflection of the baking sun

With hardly a wave at all

It lazily, seductively laps

At the foot of the golden shore

Luxuriantly; Lusciously;

Romantic in its embrace

Until… At the turn of the tide

It yields to its masters call

And the spell is broken.

• Love it Calico 57, was in Hastings not so many weeks ago - think you've captured the sea perfectly.

• All the best Big Man, looking forward to hearing from you again.

Caroline in Jersey

Cin J

• One of the skies photos taken from lounge window and designed for a Dreams anthology

• Beautiful pics Sarah and Tulip and so  lovely to see how beautiful our country is.:0)

Robbo we shall definitely look after your thread.Don't stay away too long :0)

South Shields.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• As promised 3 other sea inspired poems from me have now been posted in Poetry Corner