The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• Great poems. Lovely picture sheena.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery robbo:)

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramble67/

• Thanks for the comments folks, I'm back now. I think the nurses had enough of me being cheeky to them ;-))))) Any more scenery pictures anyone, I'm off work for a month now and need some more pictures of our lovely country to keep me smiling.

• Cheers mate, pretty sore and laid up for a week, so plenty of time to look through the threads between naps LOL.

Aint that a blot on the landscape !!!

• Essex countryside untouched..

This was an interesting picture taken at Hyde Hall near Chelmsford. Every grave stone represents a native british wildflower that is now extinct !! You can only see a few here but the whole wild meadow was full of them, made you think !!

• Glad you're back and recovering BR. Lots of get well wishes!

That last photo of the gravestones is so sad. I had no idea there was such a memorial to all our lost wildflowers.

bye for now

• Unknown said:

Aint that a blot on the landscape !!!

I expect most of us agree, but in a hundred years time, when they are replaced by some other form of wind power,  will people be taking pictures of those that survive, just as we take pictures of windmills? It makes you wonder.

Glad you survived the surgeon's knife, BR. Enjoy your time off work and make the most of it. Thanks for this thread, it's brilliant. I missed it when it first appeared as I was away, and I'm so glad it's been resurrected and I'm off to see what I can find in the way of photos. There are so many beautiful ones on here. Keep them coming!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• What a lovely thread, thanks for starting it BR. Folks photos are wonderful, I've really enjoyed seeing all the diff parts of the coast + countryside that people have visited.

I love the sea masses + was looking for a few lighthouses for you, but they seem to be in short supply in my pics. Here's a distant one, on the Bass from Yellowcraigs beach, some kids not all mine, taken last month.

Taken last yr with 3 of the firth islands one stormy day.

Rain clouds heading right towards us at Scermiston just south of Berwick upon Tweed. Yes we did get wet running fortheshelter of the car - passed over + back out for a lovely evening. Taken early july

These really are dinosaur footprints!! Captured ?yrs ago + seen ever lowish tide at Barns Ness, no pics of the light house there.

But with the lighthouse just behind if you look down the firth you get a view of the other side of the Bass ;-)

Just on the coast near us are some wonderful castles but we love this rebuild of an ancient dwelling which I think was on this site by thecoast 10,000yrs ago. You might like to visit it when you come to Northumberland!!

Taken from the beach in the background above.

This is Dunstunburgh sp? Castle with the kids playing on the stone wave just to the north. Taken on tinies 1st trip out anywhere - well it had to be the sea!!

This is a pic from earlier in the yr taken from the bridge at Aberlady Bay at sunset with Edin in the background.

A few shots later, it was a dream evening!!

And just because the views in Northumberland are so wonderful!!

Hope that you are all still awake - rarely get close up's of birds to add to a thread so it's been lovely to be able to join in here.

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• Hey Osprey!  Brilliant pics. Those sunset ones are really dreamy.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Osprey, what a stunningly beautiful part of the country and your sunset pictures are just so good.

Caroline in Jersey

Cin J

• Absolutely brilliant pictures Osprey, thank you for sharing them, I love them and really am looking forward to planning next years trip to Northumbria. A sweet shot of the little one sound asleep with Edin in the background.

You can't help but be proud of our wonderful sights in the UK.

And Thank you Tulip and Linda for the welcome back, I appreciate it. ;-)