Brief hello from Hazy but maybe a long goodbye !

Hello forum friends and hope this message finds you all well and continuing to enjoy your birding adventures.       After a long break from the forum and lovely off community catch ups with some of you I signed back in after 15 months but still hadn't posted up anything since 2022.     Bizarrely,   I received notification from RSPB that my account was flagged for spam  despite the fact I hadn't even been on the community for a year and quarter !        I have heard that this has happened to others including  Robbo and Alan where their accounts were falsely flagged and deleted so guessing this is some software glitch in the computer system causing problems.      Feel a bit like the post office scandal being accused of something I am innocent of although nothing like the dreadful trauma that those poor post masters/mistresses suffered due to a computer software glitch.       

I do hope to return at some stage but fear my account will be falsely deleted later today despite no wrong-doing LOL   I have submitted an appeal upon receiving the first message from RSPB and they acknowledged receipt of that appeal.    Subsequently, I have received a second message stating ..............

Dear HAZY:

A few days ago we emailed you about your user account. That message was to let you know your account was flagged as inappropriate. You have until 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM to send us an appeal using this form. Note that if you don't appeal the abusive finding, your account will be permanently deleted on 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM

I have tried using the form link again to re-submit  but it says I have already submitted my appeal,  hence I can do nothing but sit on "death row"  waiting for my account to be terminated later today  LOL.   

This is what the form link takes me to:     Thank you, your response has been submitted. Your appeal will be reviewed promptly. A decision will be sent to  xxxxx@gmail.com

I have written an email to RSPB querying how I could be flagged up when I haven't been logged in for over 15 months and never posted anything that could be spam or abusive  but I fear nobody is in the office or will see my email until tomorrow which is after the deadline !      To be honest, I am not unduly worried but you do need to be aware that with these weird glitches in the system it can happen to any of you as not sure what triggers these errors.      Maybe it auto-generated the glitch when I signed back in  a week or two ago after such a long time absent - who knows.  !!    

So do take care all of you and sorry if I am unable to get back on to the community to maybe start posting again.    X

Regards, Hazel 

• Things went pear shaped again and I was not able to post so I'm doing another test post to see what happens, please bear with me whilst this glitch is sorted; I have to keep testing so sorry if this thread is a bit of a pain !

***  I see it accepted this post but it's a bit hit and miss at the moment;   I may try adding a photo to see what happens !    

Yay,  it worked but hope it lasts !!!    X Hazy

Regards, Hazel 

• Keep calm & keep on trying aitch! Rolling eyesFingers crossed

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well done, you are nearly back with us aitch!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi Hazel, a posting I made over a month ago resulted in a similar problem. The posting was taken down as inappropriate. Eventually it was restored. I was told that they were uncertain why it and were looking in to it. Not the same as a whole account but clearly something has gone awry. Hope we see on line again soon

Beachwalker - My favourite occupation as I love exploring my home county and photographing its beauty.

• Hi Hazy- happy to hear/ read from you, but very unhappy about the real bad rspb web account troubles. Wasn't active on site neither. The handling of your "case" by rspb has  quite a rude sound. And feels like they want to make you prove your "innocence" but not to search for own mistakes ( e.g.. these possible glitches)
    Good luck it all works out smoothly in the end..
    Still following Alan's Sheffield Peregrines. And now and then look if you or Alan have posted something new on Flickr...
    Kind greetings & regards,
    yours mart Slight smile

• Beachwalker 66 said:
    Hi Hazel, a posting I made over a month ago resulted in a similar problem. The posting was taken down as inappropriate. Eventually it was restored. I was told that they were uncertain why it and were looking in to it.

Hi Beachwalker, sorry you had also had problems; I think its happened with a few accounts.    The rspb are still currently tweaking the software to try prevent the spam/abuse auto-flagging when there is clearly no infringement of those rules;   I was told they had to tighten the software when there was a sudden influx of spam happening a couple of months ago and it seems to have over compensated somehow resulting in false flagging.      My account has been a bit hit and miss the last day or so with me being able to reply and post up but am assured they are keeping an eye on my account and they are working on the over-sensitivity of the auto alert of spam/abuse flagging in the background.     I'm now going to see if this reply posts.  LOL.  

Regards, Hazel 

• So far so good, I see your post and got the notification too. Let's hope this means they are getting on top of the problem .

Best regards

Beachwalker - My favourite occupation as I love exploring my home county and photographing its beauty.

• sorry for the late reply. thanks for the updates and congratulations Hazy. iv noticed a message or two on a post or another so the commemting must be doing ok for now as of this writeing 1st February at the moment even if weather it works was or is  hit and miss with the commenting in the Community 

• Hazel,

It's good to see you posting. Sorry for the delay in catching up, my health has had me pinned down, but hopefully, all sorted and kicked into oblivion, and likewise these software glitches.

• Hope you can get back to your hobby of birdwatching/photography without any more health issues Mike, glad things are on the up for you and hope we can get out to Burton Mere soon; they have the cafe there now :) !!

Regards, Hazel