Brief hello from Hazy but maybe a long goodbye !

Hello forum friends and hope this message finds you all well and continuing to enjoy your birding adventures.       After a long break from the forum and lovely off community catch ups with some of you I signed back in after 15 months but still hadn't posted up anything since 2022.     Bizarrely,   I received notification from RSPB that my account was flagged for spam  despite the fact I hadn't even been on the community for a year and quarter !        I have heard that this has happened to others including  Robbo and Alan where their accounts were falsely flagged and deleted so guessing this is some software glitch in the computer system causing problems.      Feel a bit like the post office scandal being accused of something I am innocent of although nothing like the dreadful trauma that those poor post masters/mistresses suffered due to a computer software glitch.       

I do hope to return at some stage but fear my account will be falsely deleted later today despite no wrong-doing LOL   I have submitted an appeal upon receiving the first message from RSPB and they acknowledged receipt of that appeal.    Subsequently, I have received a second message stating ..............

Dear HAZY:

A few days ago we emailed you about your user account. That message was to let you know your account was flagged as inappropriate. You have until 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM to send us an appeal using this form. Note that if you don't appeal the abusive finding, your account will be permanently deleted on 21 Jan 2024 9:23 PM

I have tried using the form link again to re-submit  but it says I have already submitted my appeal,  hence I can do nothing but sit on "death row"  waiting for my account to be terminated later today  LOL.   

This is what the form link takes me to:     Thank you, your response has been submitted. Your appeal will be reviewed promptly. A decision will be sent to  xxxxx@gmail.com

I have written an email to RSPB querying how I could be flagged up when I haven't been logged in for over 15 months and never posted anything that could be spam or abusive  but I fear nobody is in the office or will see my email until tomorrow which is after the deadline !      To be honest, I am not unduly worried but you do need to be aware that with these weird glitches in the system it can happen to any of you as not sure what triggers these errors.      Maybe it auto-generated the glitch when I signed back in  a week or two ago after such a long time absent - who knows.  !!    

So do take care all of you and sorry if I am unable to get back on to the community to maybe start posting again.    X

Regards, Hazel 

• Replying to your post Hazy to see if it will make you visible x

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I've been back and forth in emails with rspb today and they've been working on an error with was falsely flagging spam so this is a test to see if I can actually post a reply on here as up until now its been sending automated replies of impending doom. LOL. fingers crossed..............here goes. ............

Regards, Hazel 

• I've been back and forth in emails with rspb today and they've been working on an error with was falsely flagging spam so this is a test to see if I can actually post a reply on here as up until now its been sending automated replies of impending doom.  LOL.    fingers crossed..............here goes.  ............

Nope :(  it is still falsely flagging

Regards, Hazel 

• Well abra cadabara   it worked!!!

It's even more strange that it was posted at 9.08am on 21st of January and I got the notification an hour ago of it just being posted

Perhaps they have worked  finally Hazy is a keeper! Or the system has just added another glitch to it string of errors!!

Perhaps you could try replying again Hazel and perhaps it may just work..well we might see the reply next week or so lol

• Really odd, as Hazy's post is still dated 21/01, but not actually landed until 26/01!
  • I wonder weather any old posts she made in 2022 which would be the year I started on this forum would apear 

even though I know her I dont know her as well as others on here  but if shes been away for as long as she says then that could well be one of the reasons why other than just me being brand new then.  but that aside if this post has apeared and her comments are becoming visible could that mean any of the  old posts on her profile might become visible if not becoms visable now then gradualy

• Another odd one as its not just Hazys post that it's happened to

community.rspb.org.uk/.../1458430

• Tigers  comment says

Well it seems as moderation has allowed my post after seven days.

has this same thing thats happening to Hazy happened to Tiger aswell then? 

• Hi everyone, have heard from Hazy and have permission to post her email so as to update you all...

****Hi Wendy. Finally I have had an email back from RSPB apologising for the error explaining in an email what happened after they increased spam detection causing false flagging on my account. At least I now have an explanation although still not able to post until they further investigate the matter as I keep receiving the same automated messages about spam and account deletion. I have updated Kylie and said I can still not post up and keep receiving automated messages back from rspb so she will look into the matter further. Keep my seat at the community table. LOL. !!! XX Aitch

Here is the email I received this afternoon …………..

Subject: r.e. Any assistance greatly appreciated
    Date: 26 January 2024 at 15:29:50 GMT
    To: "molehillwatcher@gmail.com" <molehillwatcher@gmail.com>
    Cc: Beccy Speight <Beccy.Speight@rspb.org.uk>

Good afternoon Hazel,

Your email has been passed to me as the community product owner. I apologise for the delayed response, we have been investigating the issue you have raised.

I can see that one of your posts was classed as ‘spam’ automatically by our automated spam filter, and not by another user of the community. As you are possibly aware, we have had a number of spam issues in recent months and so have increased our spam detection. Unfortunately this has resulted in your posts being flagged incorrectly. We sincerely apologise for this, and we will be reviewing our filters to try and prevent this from happening again.

I can see from looking at your account that it’s not under moderation and therefore you should be able to post as usual. However, please do let me know if you are still finding issues and I will investigate further.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused and we hope to see you posting back on the community soon.

Yours sincerely,

Kylie Shepherd
    Social Media and Community Product Owner
    kylie.shepherd@rspb.org.uk

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr