Post your Christmas cards here 2023

Let’s kickstart the Christmas Card thread for 2023.

OK, I know it's still November, but December is less than a week away, and I've a busy couple of weeks (I'd rather not have) leading up to Christmas.

Last year’s contributions were good, as with previous years, and I’m sure this year, 2023, will be just as good

Last year’s thread; Post your Christmas cards here 2022, for those who want to have a look back is HERE.

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/282002/post-your-christmas-cards-here-2022

• tuwit said:
    Some people haven't even thought of chrimbo yet. There's a pending house move before I even start thinking about get around to that.

Take pity - I've got to do shopping for house-related stuff during the annual retail bun-fight.

Ouch!  Flushed

Been there, done it and had the t-shirt.

A week before Xmas day, couldn't get the shift off work, I was on a night shift, but agreed with my boss I might be late. I was a couple of minutes late, but cream crackered for the rest of the week.....

NEVER AGAIN

Good luck, I hope all goes smoothly for you.

• FYI, since my last post, locals here have been discussing postal deliveries and have worked out it's once a week for letters. I personally am not expecting it to improve until January. Even when it was quiet a few months ago, posties were every other day. Royal Mail is simply prioritising parcels.
  • Wednesday, so I'm expecting a week's worth of mail today.....
  • Has it arrived yet?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• No. Maybe things are worse than we all thought! Not seen a van at all and been outside a lot today. Suggests even parcels haven't come down this way yet today.....I know we're one of the last houses at the end of this route we are on now. We used to be the first road on a round.....mail now is either 6-8 hours later or not at all.
  • We're pretty lucky here, even when Saturday deliveries were supposed  to be dedicated for parels, the daily postie deliveries continued.

But i do know of folk in nearby towns who don't enjoy that level of service, or even close to it.

A postcode lottery it definitely is, like internet connection quality and speeds.....

• Michael B said:

We're pretty lucky here, even when Saturday deliveries were supposed  to be dedicated for parels, the daily postie deliveries continued.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding of this is either:-

1) Your local office didn't 'identify efficiency savings' and reduce headcount by ditching some rounds and adding that workload onto others.

2) You live on a round that is smaller than others in the office. I'm led to believe some take 2 hours less to do than others! 

3) Your postie likes overtime.

Could be one or more of the above!

Also, just a point of order. USO is 6 days a week. At no stage has the 'parcels only Saturdays' been official. RM (and their supposed regulator Ofcom) deny parcels are being prioritised....even now.

• stealthybutnotthatstealthy said:

Michael B said:

We're pretty lucky here, even when Saturday deliveries were supposed  to be dedicated for parels, the daily postie deliveries continued.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding of this is either:-

1) Your local office didn't 'identify efficiency savings' and reduce headcount by ditching some rounds and adding that workload onto others.

2) You live on a round that is smaller than others in the office. I'm led to believe some take 2 hours less to do than others! 

3) Your postie likes overtime.

Could be one or more of the above!

Also, just a point of order. USO is 6 days a week. At no stage has the 'parcels only Saturdays' been official. RM (and their supposed regulator Ofcom) deny parcels are being prioritised....even now.

I'll start with No3

Yes, the team do like their overtime

2: the vans, yes, three vans, seem to be full, so there is plenty of work for the team on a daily basis

1: There has been a big headcount reduction, which has more than likely fuelled the overtime.

Add to the overtime no temp labour has been employed to help wit the Xmas post and support seasonal and sick  leave cover, so the teams support neighbouring areas with increasing regularity

I will add, there are a large  number of small to medium sized businesses around her, which means parcel deliveries can be  as late as 21:00hrs, and I've had a package delivered 18:00 on a Sunday night, which was a lens filter ordered on the preceding Thursday, due Monday!