Partial Lunar Eclipse can now be seen in the UK if you have clear sky’s

https://www.youtube.com/live/-YHKrphbKS0?si=Y63vDyx8sTlm43S5

At last I’ve got this link to work. Live broadcast this on this months Partial Lunar Eclipse and visible in the UK right now if you’ve got clear Sky’s

Regards,

Ian.

• The link is now working. If you’ve got clear Sky’s right now you should be able to this Partial Lunar Eclipse in the UK if there’s clear Skys outside your home right now!

Regards,

Ian.

• Sad to report that it was rain & cloud here in East Kent!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• This was the Partial Lunar Eclipse at maximum!

Regards,

Ian.

• Normally Total Lunar Eclipses are seen regularly every few years in every country worldwide. But strangely every Total Lunar Eclipse that has taken place recently has taken place after Sunrise and before Sunset in the UK and all that the UK has seen of any Total Lunar Eclipse has been at best very little, maybe about 15-20 minutes before sunrise!. This Lunar Eclipse was only Partial. Sadly the next complete view for the UK of a complete full Total Lunar Eclipse won’t be until the 31st December 2028. Yes that is New Years Eve. And that will be the first complete Total Lunar Eclipse seen in most of Europe including the UK for at least 10 years, which is unusually a long period without seeing a complete Total Lunar Eclipse in the UK!

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2028-december-31

And the full link about the Total Lunar Eclipse taken place on the 31st December 2028 above.

Regards,

Ian.

• www.timeanddate.com/.../2025-march-14
    I’ve been having another look at this Lunar Eclipse in March in 2025. Part of the UK will get a full complete Total Lunar Eclipse and some areas will only get part of Totality before sunrise or after sunset. But the Eclipse will be very low down near the horizon.

Regards,

Ian.

• Next year when a Total Solar Eclipse will take place again across an area from coast to coast in the USA plus some other countries, some areas in the uk, but not all parts will get a very short partial solar eclipse. But will only see a very small part of the sun blocked by the moon.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2024-april-8

And above the full details. Below the map of the area of the 2024 Total Solar Eclipa plus  the large area of where a Partial Solar Eclipse will take place.  Also above is how much at maximum how much of the sun be blocked by the sun in Newcastle Upon Tyne and only for a short period.Further south in England there will be large areas that won’t have any solar eclipse on that date.

Regards,

Ian.

• This shows the areas in the UK plus all of Ireland where a very short Partial Solar Eclipse will take place. As far as Southern England and other areas further South, Western areas will have a very short Partial Solar Eclipse. Most Eastern England areas south of where I live won’t see any Partial Solar Eclipse. The area where I live in North East England is about the furthest south on the East Coast which will be able to see a small portion of the Sun covered on mainland Britain. All of Ireland will be able see a Partial Solar Eclipse. Subject to clear Skys. Don’t look at the sun with your eyes. Don’t try to take photos with your camera. You can bye certain lenses for taken photo’s of the sun. But I believe they are very expensive. You can buy eclipse glasses. But make sure they are registered for safety. I bough mine as recommended by NASA. The only time it is safe to look direct without eclipse glasses is during the short period  of when the sun is 100% blocked by the moon during the short period of a Total Solar Eclipse when the Corona comes in to view. The Sky At Night website recommends eclipse glasses that are safe to use as well for looking at solar eclipses. A small area on the west coast of Portugal is also getting a very small Partial Solar Eclipse.

Regards,

Ian.