Adventures with Erik

LEG 1  of our adventures. It will be scenery and bear heavy as the birds did not really come out to play.  I'll be adding to the thread as we venture out.

We've been glamping in the Forest of Dean - I haven't been here for over 40 years and never got to properly explore - what a wonderful area - sadly no Goshawks or Crossbills - I met with local birders who were hoping to see them - I think they probably appeared 10 minutes after I moved on.

On the Friday we went to Tintern Abbey - there wasn't much about - a young swan and Jackdaws 

The serious stuff - We were in the Forest to take part in draughting tests and for me to judge as well.  So proud of my boy - he passed his Level 4 test - which is the highest level and was foot perfect the whole test 

After the serious stuff of the weekend it was time to explore 

First stop was up to the area of West Dean and a walk with a local 

It's hard to explain how wonderful it is to be able to walk for 2+ hours and not be on roads and dealing with traffic.  Tired, happy dog

Cin J

• Forgot to say, lovely update, and of course awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :o)
  • Such a beautiful pose of your two boys Caroline, feel free to bless us with many pics!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I've not up dated this for a while - the boys and I have had very slim pickings since we restarted our travels - The Forest of Dean in February yielded very little apart from cheeky grey squiggles and lots of mud 

Luckily we didn't have the late afternoon encounter with the wild boar sow and her humbugs - unlike my daughters very small Border Terrier - luckily he got away without major harm but they were both a little rattled!

Our next trip in March/ April took us East to the Mersea Island - via a quick stop in Southsea for breakfast with No2 daughter - Gosh got to see swans and he is starting to learn about bird watching and that if I stop he had to be patient especially if I have a camera in my hands 

I explored West Mersea a bit this trip and there were some impressive house boats 

I'm not sure I would fancy being on the hulk - I do wonder how they end up aground and in that condition - I'm used to our harbour authorities being very strict about the condition of boat in the arbors and requiring owners to remove anything not sea worthy 

The boys got to play on the beach and in the sea at East Mersea 

Cin J

• About time we had an update from you and the lovely boys....the younger one is sooo big now...looks like you all had a lovely time. Thanks for the photos Slight smile 

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Always good to see the boys. as Linda says the youngster has certainly grown ... Slight smile

• Nice to hear from you again Cin. My, the little fellow is a big fellow now! It was good the pair got to be be in the water, to be able to clean those huge paws! Thanks for the update

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Very nice to see your update CJ with the adventures of Erik and young'un who is growing up fast !     Lovely photos, 

Regards, Hazel