The laws that protect the nature we love are under threat yet again.

• ervinjason said:
    I But there is one big reason more than anything this is happening in this country. But I don’t want to bring politics at present as some have strong views about what I think and sadly there is one word that is to blame. But if I did use that word and with differing views from others, but this is not the place to bring politics or poetry into this subject! And it was so long I just didn’t bother reading any of what was posted.

Always dodgy ground where politics and money are involved, or even insighted. But, the reality is, in my book anyway, that is all too often the root cause, and no particular party, all, each and every one of them.

Where I live, and very close by, the destruction of the countryside and during the breeding season as well, just for HS2, is worse than horrendous. HS2 is supported by all three main party's and many of the smaller ones as well. Even my MP, who is from one of the three main party's and will remain unnamed to avoid my location ident, claims to be green (when it suits them to make them look good and caring in the public eye, or am I just being cynical), but is in 100% plus support of HS2.

It's the money, and a great many politicians are very well off, its shareholders, many of whom could be political party supporters, who invest extremely large sums money (not sure I'd want to be that rich) and get regular payouts for something that as yet, is not operational and no where near able to make a profit!