The laws that protect the nature we love are under threat yet again.

• Yes I got something from RSPB notes on Nature telling me that aswell

www.rspb.org.uk/.../natures-safe-havens-at-risk

• I wa arguing with some members of my local RSPB Group that this could wel happen. And sadly I knew it was a possibility . I hope I’m wrong I won’t say why I thought it might happen, but I don’t want to go in to politics! or sentiment either. There is a serious reason why this is happening! Unfortunately Minsmere could well be affected and I  I know about the habitat directive and its a long read and I know all of that. But there is one big reason more than anything this is happening in this country. But I don’t want to bring politics at present as some have strong views about what I think and sadly there  is one word that is to blame. But if I did use that word and with differing views from others, but this is not the place to bring politics or poetry into this subject! And it was so long I just didn’t bother reading any of what was posted.

• Unknown said:

I wa arguing with some members of my local RSPB Group that this could wel happen. And sadly I knew it was a possibility . I hope I’m wrong I won’t say why I thought it might happen, but I don’t want to go in to politics! or sentiment either. There is a serious reason why this is happening! Unfortunately Minsmere could well be affected and I  I know about the habitat directive and its a long read and I know all of that. But there is one big reason more than anything this is happening in this country. But I don’t want to bring politics at present as some have strong views about what I think and sadly there  is one word that is to blame. But if I did use that word and with differing views from others, but this is not the place to bring politics or poetry into this subject! And it was so long I just didn’t bother reading any of what was posted.

Sadly, a lot of these things are a long read, often because there are so many points that need to be highlighted. That in turn does have a negative effect, for many, they have busy lives and to sit reading through a long and often informative document, they switch off.

Speed reading is ok to a very limited point of grasping the topic, but the risk is too high of overlooking many key points, but in depth reading is required soon after to grab the full picture.

That could be why many don't grasp the points that need to be addressed, or to put it another way, a smoke screen perhaps, and quietly the negative points win through.

• I have also have been sent the very same link you put now.  It’s by the RSPB August Camoaigns Update. I got it by email.  I think its a big deal for conservation since it will affect the Wildlife exspeacialy ones in decline

• Also i know of 1 RSPB; reserve manager who voted to leave the EU and would still vote to leave again if another poll was held and they all know the wildlife and Environment laws inside out! It's not just wildlife and the environment that concerns them. There are other issues as well. I voted to stay in the EU! But it’s not straight forward to say to vote stay just because of wildlife and the environment. I take a very pragmatic approah ro all of this and don't get over sentimental about wildlife and the environment
    • There are also a small number of Gamekeepers who are nembers of the RSpB and who shoot Grouse. Also Falconry is allowed in the Wildlife and Countryside Act under licence and is legal. But is only allowed rarely. But has happened at least twice in the last 10 years. I’m not saying whether that right or wrong. But is legal and raptors can be taken from the wild for that purpose. But licences are rarely allowed. But has happened as I mentioned earlier in this post!Also the RSPB have had to cull Deer at Leighton Moss! As the Deer where damaging the Reeds! Also the  eggs of the Black Headed Gulls where impregnated to make all of those eggs infertile as the number of Black Headed Gulls where to the detroment iof the Avocets Also on two occasions since the 1960’s the National Trust have had to have a cull of the seal colony on the Farne Island as some of the rare nesting birds where being affected. That’s why conservation is not straight forward and difficult decisions have to be made! Also a difficult decission had to be made at Joch Garten a few years ago of which upset many but i agreed with the wardens and sraff at that time!
  • Unknown said:
    Also i know of 1 RSPB; reserve manager who voted to leave the EU and would still vote to leave again if another poll was held and they all know the wildlife and Environment laws inside out! It's not just wildlife and the environment that concerns them. There are other issues as well. I voted to stay in the EU! But it’s not straight forward to say to vote stay just because of wildlife and the environment. I take a very pragmatic approah ro all of this and don't get over sentimental about wildlife and the environment

I don't think whether being in the EU or ot would make that much difference.

One of the biggest problems nature has in this country is the incessant desire to build, build, build, on green spaces.

That was happening at an accelerating rate whilst we were in the EU, and is still happening, at an accelerating rate. Add to that HS2 (which started consultation, planning and construction long before the referendum, so was based on still being in the EU), I know I keep mentioning it, but living almost right next to the Birmingham Hub, and the massive loss of wildlife habitat, is beyond comprehension.

Add on to that, when it comes to building on green spaces, the twisting of the rules, and I'm damned sure in HS2's case, the ignorance of the rules, because there is no obvious evidence to say constructive work to help nature is being done.

Its dire.

It's no wonder nature is struggling.

• I wa arguing with some members of my local RSPB Group that this could wel happen. And sadly I knew it was a possibility . I hope I’m wrong I won’t say why I thought it might happen, but I don’t want to go in to politics! or sentiment either. There is a serious reason why this is happening! Unfortunately Minsmere could well be affected and I I know about the habitat directive and its a long read and I know all of that.

But there is one big reason more than anything this is happening in this country. But I don’t want to bring politics at present as some have strong views about what I think and sadly there is one word that is to blame. But if I did use that word and with differing views from others, but this is not the place to bring politics or poetry into this subject! And it was so long I just didn’t bother reading any of what was posted.
  • https://www.rspb.org.uk/about-the-rspb/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/minsmeres-status-as-most-important-bird-reserve-in-the-uk-at-risk-from-sizewell-c/

This is an article from 2019 about how Minsmere’s status as best bird reserve been at risk if Sizewell C was given the go ahead. I post the link as the Government have promised to put 70 million towards Sizewell C if the owners of this Nuclear Power Station who  are not in good shape financially. Nothing mentioned about Minsmere in the national news again when this news broke tonight